1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

how to get ball joint to pop back in

Discussion in 'Tech Archive (No Posting)' started by EKcivicGirl, Oct 28, 2007.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. EKcivicGirl

EKcivicGirl New Member 5+ Year Member

So I put in new upper control arms, Skunk2. One ball joint popped right in after I drove off my driveway. They other one I can't get to pop in. I torqued the nut to 40 lbs/ft but it still didn't go into place. Is there anything I can do?

2. EG-Owns you

EG-Owns you Twin Tech Owns Your Shit! Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

u didn't have them pressed in?

3. EKcivicGirl

they came with the ball joints in them, i just need it to pop into the spindle. I think it may be in there right though, I took out the little screws to separate it from the control arm, and it seems to be in there pretty solid. Weird though because that side felt funny, maybe its just bad alignment. I never heard it pop in either.

4. ATI>boosted<EM1

ATI>boosted<EM1 New Member 5+ Year Member

you need to use a c clip plier to take out the clip that holds the ball joint in.

5. EKcivicGirl

Can you explain?

6. Sundown

Sundown New Member Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member