How To: Hatchback rear seat removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

civicgirlie32

Here is my How-to remove rear seats in a 1999 Civic Hatchback with photos! Enjoy!

Tools You'll need:
Socket wrench
10mm Socket
A little force
Patience
There are SIX bolts holding the top part of the seats.

Left:

Middle (It only shows one but there are two):

Right:

Once you've removed the bolts, push the top right seat forward a little

One bolt holding the left side to the right from the chassis with a bracket, remove that.

A little shake and shimmy and POOF!

Sorry for the gunk, but there is one bolt holding the bottom seat just to the left of the middle pole thing.

Now I had a difficult time pulling the bottom seat out. Push the back part of the seat around the middle ole thing. Then in the front there are two things that looks like this:

luckily one was already loose so that was easy to pull out but one I could not get out for the life of me... so I used Vice grips to pinch the metal inside that plastic thing. I may have ruined it but I am getting new seats so I'm not too worried. But I will try and find a better way to get it out. anyways not the greatest photo but i circled where that plastic thing came out of:

Sorry my terminology is terrible but hey you guys get it :D

THEN look what I found!

That is my left side seat belt buckle.. THAT CANNOT BE SAFE! So I'll be looking for a new buckle..
Some goodies I found(along with half a pound of dirt:

TADA! Until next time:

Install will be pretty easy. If you all want I can do a how-to as well.

civicgirlie32

Oh I forgot to mention if anyone knows an easier way to get that plastic thingies out in the front of the bottom seat, let me know. There's two of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.