1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

How To: Hydraulic Clutch Pedal Adjustment

Discussion in 'Engine Tech / Drivetrain DIY How-To's' started by anfrey, Sep 17, 2003.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. anfrey

anfrey OG スバリスト Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

i do not take credit for this

for hydraulic clutch on my d16 tranny. if you go into the driver side door and, go to the clutch pedal, there should be a gold plate with a rod that is attatched to it and travels through the firewall.

behind the plate is a 12 mm nut on the rod. if you loosen that it will allow you to ajdust the clutch

after you get it loose, press in the clutch with your hand and rotate the rod so that the thread comes toward you/the rear of the car. this also adjusts the travel and pickup of the clutch - if you want your travel to be short and pickup quick, turn the rod about 5 times (it's pretty sensitive, a few turns should be enough)

2. Declectic

Declectic SeanJohn1802 Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

will this make the clutch grab faster???

3. anfrey

it'll make the bite point lower. it also shortens the clutch pedal's travel. u won't have to bend ur knee in order to release the clutch any more.

4. 95civiccx

95civiccx New Member 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

it seemes to me itd be liek keeping ur foot on the clutch and therefore buringing it out - i could be wrong and probably am so please correct me

5. skunk2'ed

skunk2'ed New Member 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Does it make it stiffer to push?

6. gta

gta Faded Red Hatch Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

should this be adjusting hydrolic clutch travel :p ? heh, cause us 4th gens got cable trannys :mrgreen:

7. anfrey

lol yes, hydraulic. sorry bud.

8. skunk2'ed

skunk2'ed New Member 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Yep, well, I did this last night. It works, but only to a certain extent. The less travel you have, the less clutch dissengagment you have. Do if you try this, dont move it very much, especially if you race your car or have a aftermarket clutch.

9. RiceburnerRyan

RiceburnerRyan I Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

so essentially it can make it so your pedal engages at like the top ?

10. zville00SI

zville00SI CC's Smart ASS Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

My clutch slips bigtime right now, so if i go in there and turn that screw i could return the clutch back to the normal bite point? is this good for the car?

11. GOOSE

GOOSE JDM yo! Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

how do u make the clutch pedal to be lower? cause my freind just got a clutch and the pedal is higher than before.. does this DIY work for this??

12. Listerman

Listerman CCSC #52 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

sorry to revive a dead thread but is there any downfall to this? like will it cause my clutch to wear faster?

13. ventturei26

ventturei26 Capt. Fuse Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

sounds interesting, but i w9ould like to know if it affects the clutch or anything else to make it wear faster, etc

14. neaky

neaky Nexus One Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

All it SHOULD do is move where your pedal sits and where it engages/disengages.

15. crazzybostedeh2

crazzybostedeh2 New Member 5+ Year Member

NIce little Idea but i think the Omni power clutch cylinder would be a much better investment. i got one on my car and it blows this meathod out of the water.

16. abs0Lut

abs0Lut Rockin' in the free world Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

If you need to adjust your clutch pedal it probly means your clutch is worn out or your leaking hydraulic fluid. You won't want to adjust the nut too much because with too much free play you won't be disengaging the clutch fully and with too little freeplay you won't be fully engaging the clutch which will cause it do wear quicker.