1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

How To: Interior Leak Repair

Discussion in 'Exterior / Detailing / Bodywork DIY How-To's' started by lonewolf, Mar 10, 2005.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. jb0ne

jb0ne Banned

bump for tip; if looking for a leak in the trunk.. just lay down paper towels throughout trunk carpet and spray your car with a water hose. if you need any more steps.. your on your own

2. alunj

alunj New Member

"Flap thingy" - what's it called?

So, can anyone tell me what that "flap thingy" is called? It's pictured clearly in the photo that shows the sunroof hoses (I don't have a sunroof). Labeled "What's This" as below:

[​IMG]

As with Kwtorbe, my car leaks from that area and no other. I'd love to know how to get at that ... vent or whatever it is... and replace or seal it. But without knowing its name, it's really difficult to find instructions on removing or replacing it. I suspect I may need to remove the bumper to get at it, but I can't tell for sure, and I'd hate to remove the whole bumper just for exploration.

3. EKkid

EKkid New Member

ok i got a question. i have a 97 EX and it leaks only on the passenger side. when it rains i can see water dripping and running in from under the speaker. ive tried the sunroof drains and cant figure it out. Any Ideas?

4. nplaya9

nplaya9 New Member 5+ Year Member

had the same problem its was my windshield seal

5. nplaya9

nplaya9 New Member 5+ Year Member

had the same problem its was my windshield seal

6. EKkid

EKkid New Member

ill def check that

7. Tenassi

Tenassi New Member

I have some water infiltration issues too. The area that is wet is right under my feet and the passenger's feet.. Do someone has any idea where it could come from ? I do not have a sunroof and the windshield was changed last year.

8. Tenassi

Tenassi New Member

9. Tenassi

Tenassi New Member

I would like a moderator or an administrator to delete the post number 47 and post number 49. Thanks.

10. Jarheadupt

Jarheadupt Jarhead

I've had the same dam problem it's nearvthe tail lights butbover the trunk. I think the trunk is not even n so it let's the watervin

11. Jersey8

Jersey8 B20: Detroit Muscle! Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

wat?

12. Jarheadupt

Jarheadupt Jarhead

working pics?

13. ff4500

ff4500 New Member

This thread is seven years old. Good luck with pics.