1. ClubCivic is now on Instagram! Follow us at clubcivicdotcom. Want your photos features? Tag or DM us, use #clubcivicdotcom, or email us your photos to photos@clubcivic.com

How To: Interior Painting 101

Discussion in 'Interior / Audio / Electronics DIY How-To's' started by connies96hatchie, May 8, 2006.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. gummer

gummer New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

what if I only use the Duplicolor paint? cuz I can't find the krylon paint on my town

2. EJmatt

EJmatt New Member

Do you need any kind of clear coat or anything? Im about to do mine.

3. 4bangincivic

4bangincivic sup Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

nope. I just painted my head liner using the glossy black Dupli-color interior paint. Great stuff.

4. 00siboy

00siboy lurkin... Registered VIP

If I have gray carpet, can I paint it red and still have it look good? Or does it only work as a "touch-up"?

5. treeafodo

treeafodo Austin Registered VIP

As far as I know you will want to use rit-dye(spelling?) for the best,longest lasting results on carpets, but I could be wrong. I'd think the spray paint would be more of a touch up then color change method.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  6. CivCity

CivCity New Member

I already have kryon for plastic paint for my never painted interior, the interior is the right color (black) but is faded and dull. would i want to do a coat of clear?

7. Sesshomaru

Sesshomaru Infamous Furry

I should probably stop skimming through these DIY's.. I didn't catch the "only one coat of primer" the first time around so my passenger side panel looks retarded. I'll sand it down and redo it later.
    If you can follow instructions, this DIY is great! The rest of us (me) should read a little more careful next time.:hitlol:

8. connies96hatchie

connies96hatchie Reinvent Your Shell! Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Bump for reloading pictures and update pictures when I repainted it for the first time since 2006, in 2013. :D

9. Wreckless Hype

Wreckless Hype ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

How is everything holding up? Thought about doing some of this on my Civic currently. Mostly thinking about the carpet, then the fabric on the door panels and arm rest, also the pillar pieces and headliner to darken everything a bit.

10. connies96hatchie

connies96hatchie Reinvent Your Shell! Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

*UPDATE*

Nov. 2014 - I had sold my 92 gsr white hatchie. The interior had it's final touch up in May 2013 since the first time I did it in May 2006 when I originally made this thread. FB_IMG_1433253397714.jpg

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015