nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
HOW TO Lower your car.

Ok...First off use a lift or 4 jack stands.. DO NOT USE A JACK TO HOLD THE CAR UP....

All wheels should be off by now.

Make mesurements from the edge of teh fender to the center of the wheel. Then make your measurements after everything is reassymlbed.

You will need a few rachets and wrneches...from 10-14mm...Maybe another sze. but dont remember.

FRONT DAMPER ASSEMBLY​

Remove the Flange bolt holding the Shock Fork to the Control Arm.

Remove the Self Locking Bolt from the top of the Shock Fork holding the damper in place.

Now remove the Flange Nuts holding the damper in place. (Under the hood)

Now replace in reverse.

REAR DAMPER ASSEMBLY​

Remove lower Self Locking Bolt from Rear Trailing Arm.

Remove Self Locking Nuts from top of damper. (Insdie the trunk under Damper Access Panel.

If you are using springs to lower your car. Use a spring compressor tool to compress teh springs and remove the Top Self Locking Nut

Remove & Replace in Reverse.

You will need a Impart Wrench to remove the Self Locking Nuts on the Dampers and to replace them.

Spring Compressor Tool (Wall Mounted)​

Remove the spring and replace with aftermarket unit...You may have to cut the Bump Stop in Half...Re-Use only the top portion

Front Damper Assymbly​

Rear Damper Assymbly

Last edited:

rey rey

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
good stuff bro!

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ummm.... Thanx for the info, but I think the original thread was for photshop dropping.... But no worries.... I saw you put edited and moved in there.... :what:

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
TheVTECPush said:
Ummm.... Thanx for the info, but I think the original thread was for photshop dropping.... But no worries.... I saw you put edited and moved in there.... :what:
Ya...I didnt notice till after I was done and moved it here.

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Its no problem...... Its useful info none the less...

wildest5

B16a1 CRX Si
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
TheVTECPush said:
yeah it was for chopping but that's cool man thanks for trying to help me out though

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
civicracing98 said:
your a mod? :?: ?
No, I wish I was...It would be cool. I just edited my other post and made this thread..

Hxrxld

5+ Year Member
Sounds so easy.. but I bought a set of springs.. and they're so much smaller than the stock ones... Are they supposed to be smaller? Like in "girth"?