How to make Gauge cluster needles red

takeachance

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have done the amber gauge cluster bulbs and now I am looking to make the needles glow red, anyone have any ideas on how to best do this?

I have seen the guy who painted the top part of the cluster where the light shines down on the gauges red and it made them glow red-ish

Is there a way to keep the lights at the top clear and paint the needles red themselves with some kind of paint? Perhaps a translucent paint? I dont think light shines from behind through the needles, it just shines down from the top and reflects off the needles. So perhaps a translucent red paint?

taluzer45

4 Banger Deluxe
Registered VIP
I have done the amber gauge cluster bulbs and now I am looking to make the needles glow red, anyone have any ideas on how to best do this?

I have seen the guy who painted the top part of the cluster where the light shines down on the gauges red and it made them glow red-ish

Is there a way to keep the lights at the top clear and paint the needles red themselves with some kind of paint? Perhaps a translucent paint? I dont think light shines from behind through the needles, it just shines down from the top and reflects off the needles. So perhaps a translucent red paint?
You could do that... or just get a acura 1.6 EL cluster!

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Or an integra ls cluster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Same question!!

I was thinking of painting the need UV red and putting UV LEDs on the top of the cluster, and amber LED for the back lighting.

takeachance

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I painted mine over the weekend and they look amazing. I used red needle paint and have UV bulbs on the way. I can post up some pics of them later