How to make my 99 Honda Civic Ex Coupe faster and more stylish

JustinC

Hey guys, i just got a red 1999 Honda Civic Ex Coupe and would like to mod it to become more powerful and look stylish. I was thinking of having a mixture of "black and red" for the theme of my car. Any suggestions as to where i am able to get cheap used parts? The only two sources i know are ebay and craigslist.

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
cheap used parts? The salvage yard. Black and red sounds good, but I'd stay away from painting random pieces of your interior with red spraypaint (such as the vents, center console, etc). Black dash with random red spraypainted bits looks a little trashy. Black dash with red fabric inserts on the door, red carpet, and red Recaro seats, on the other hand, is a common (and good looking) combo.
SInce you're new, try looking at some of the posts in the "showoff 6th gen civic" section. You can see what others have done already and determine what you like and what you think is hideous. It's your car, but since these have been around for a while, good chance someone has already done EXACTLY what you plan.
Welcome to the forum

JustinC

Alright thanks Jameswanser! Never knew that there was such a place called a salvage yard coz i'm new to cars. I'll check out the forum you directed me to. Thanks man