How To: OEM Foglight Wiring (H.O.P. or Esuse.)

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
OEM Foglight Wiring (H.O.P. or Esuse) <56K NO>

I am going to clarifiy how to wire either Honda Factory foglights, or OEM replicas from Esuse. This is for 1996-1998 Only. 1999-2000 use a harness on the steering column. A link to how to install those can be found here: Click Me <PDF Warning>

----------------------------------------------------

How to tell wich kit you have (by looking at the wiring):

Honda:

Esuse:

DEPO:

----------------------------------------------------

Wiring Pictures

Here's where the right (passenger) side foglight attaches to the engine bay harness:

Here's where the left (driver) side foglight attaches to the engine bay harness:

Here's where the engine bay harness attaches to under the dash harness. It's taped behind the washer fluid container:

Here's where the under the dash harness attaches. It's taped up behind the dash fusebox:

Here's a good place to bolt the relay and it's ground (notice the black wire behind the relay):

Here's where the two fuse connectors go on the fuse pannel:

Here's a diagram of the accessory pannel. 1-5 are the five 1-pin connector slots. The first slot (not pictured) is a 2-pin slot (see pic above):

Here's where the foglight button plugs in:

Hope this clears up any wiring problems for people with OEM or Esuse foglight kits.

tcc

5+ Year Member
Eran said:
up, the pics work again.
Thanks Eran. Much appreciated ;)

I was wondering tho. I just got mine and I think they are the Esuse ones according to the harnesses. But one of the brackets look different (I guess that doesn't really matter).

Anyway, how do they activate? Do you need to turn on your headlights first and then push the fog button or can you just turn on your parking lights and then the fog button or can you just push the fog button without turning on the parking lights of headlights?

Thanks

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
tcc said:
Thanks Eran. Much appreciated ;)

I was wondering tho. I just got mine and I think they are the Esuse ones according to the harnesses. But one of the brackets look different (I guess that doesn't really matter).

Anyway, how do they activate? Do you need to turn on your headlights first and then push the fog button or can you just turn on your parking lights and then the fog button or can you just push the fog button without turning on the parking lights of headlights?

Thanks
You have to have the parking lights on. And unlike the factory kit, the esuse will not turn off when your high-beams are on :thumbs up

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Some more pics of comparision between the foglight housing on the Depo versus the Esuse OE replica foglight kits. Note the lense and surrounding housing is removable on the DEPO light (there are extra screws and a ledge as seen from the top and bottom in particular). The place wherer the two pieces connect to each other has been siliconed together on my housing in a vain attempt to stop the water from leaking in. Vents and wiring is also located in different places on the housing.

The DEPO light has water in it, but it's been in the house for months so I'm not sure why it has that. It's been in the house all closed up (besides the vent).

The DEPO light is on the left and the Esuse light is on the right.
Both light housing are from the right side of the car.

Top of housing.

Outside side of housing.

Bottom of housing.

Inside side of housing.

Back of housing.

Front/lense of housing.

DEPO lense stamp.

Esuse lense stamp.

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
This write up will also work with the 99-00 esuse kit, only one difference.

Where you plug the 1 prong white wire into the #1 accessory spot on the fuse panel, it needs to be plugged into the #3 (THREE) spot. Pic/more detail below.

Move the plug circled in red (Accessory plug #1) to the open plug circled in blue (Accessory plug #3) to make the 99-00 Esuse kit work with this write up.

jonyg98civicex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
is this write up for 96-98 oem raybrig foglights? and can someone fix the pics, thanks

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
jonyg98civicex said:
is this write up for 96-98 oem raybrig foglights? and can someone fix the pics, thanks
What do you mean,. "fix the pics"? They seem to be working fine for me...

And yes, this write up is for the '96-'98s.

wht2000ek

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anyone have a 99-00 Depo wiring setup please help me out.. this depo kit sucks.. wished it had bought the OEM kit instead..

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Esuse works better too. Plus it wires up like OEM.

DEPO problems: grounding issues and leaks (at least I had leaks on my set). I've heard of lots of people complaining about grounding issues though.

flyersuko

5+ Year Member
Hello this is a Raybrig for a 96 but im completely loss, im I missing something?
how im i suppose to conect this cable to the fuse box and all that stuff?
it might be this one work complete independent?
I have no clue what to do with the white cable ground?
there is no fuse in the Positive cable or anything is that safe? as you can see the fuse is in a white cable coming from the Relay.
or it dont matter where is the fuse located at, as long as there one
Relay is 30Amp
Thanks.

close up

X-aCuTiOnA

W.W.H.D.?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the white piece to the left on the 2nd pic goes to a 12v source. the plastic piece above the relay ground is the socket for the inline fuse (supply it yourself, 20A should be fine) Honestly, this doesnt look raybrig. I would think raybrig sets would be properly color coded ie red-12v, black-gnd

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hello this is a Raybrig for a 96 but im completely loss, im I missing something?
how im i suppose to conect this cable to the fuse box and all that stuff?
it might be this one work complete independent?
I have no clue what to do with the white cable ground?
there is no fuse in the Positive cable or anything is that safe? as you can see the fuse is in a white cable coming from the Relay.
or it dont matter where is the fuse located at, as long as there one
Relay is 30Amp
Thanks.
URL=http://imageshack.us]
[/URL]
close up
URL=http://imageshack.us]
[/URL]
If that's a Raybrig set, someone replaced all the wiring.

flyersuko

5+ Year Member
thanks guys then i guess this wiring is not Raybrig after all

hmm so where would i connect that red cable? will it go in the fuse box? do i get it in one of the fuse box connectors. I was wondering since is a thin cable

inline fuse dont know the Amp, this cable make more sence to go to the battery since is thick

Relay 4 pin

Fog light

X-aCuTiOnA

W.W.H.D.?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
on mine, the red cable connected to a red wire comin off the fog light harness.i routed it throught the firewall and butted it against a red wire from the light harness. the black went to ground, and the white went to the plug under neath the dash.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Okay, yes those foglights are made by Raybrig, but they're not the set originally sold by Honda to go on the '96-'98 Civics. The foglights sold for those cars have different lenses.

asilva732

Hey I just have a question: for the Esuse square clear fogs for 96-98, does anyone have the actual part number of this item?

I have been searching for this information so I can pick one up and follow this procedure. I have a 97 Civic LX that I like to install these fogs on.

Thanks!

EDIT: I think I am onto something..would this be the correct part. I am not sure if there any US sellers where I can pick one up from..

http://www.esuse.com.tw/en/product_detail.php?id=140