Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
polishing the valve cover

i do not take credit for this

2. Cut 1000, 1500 & 2000 grit (wet/dry) sandpaper into 1-2" squares and soak in a bowl of water. Bowl should be one you care little about.

3. Sand surface with wet sandpaper using varying circular motions. Sandpaper will slowly loose its grit as time goes on. Use 1000 (1st), 1500 (2nd), and 2000 (3rd).

4. Surface will get smoother as time goes on. Clean cover/area thoroughly each time it gets caked up.

5. Use a polishing agent to finish surface area. I use "NeverDull", but any polish will work when used as directed.

NOTE:_ One sheet of each kind of sandpaper will be more than enough. If you can remove your valve cover & reinstall it when finished it will benefit your back.

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
worst how-to ever................ :lol:

the correct method:

- remove your valve cover
- spray it with aircraft grade paint remover
- go play gt3 for 20 mins
- wash cover with a gentle stream of water
- put valve cover back on

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i didn't write it, so whatever
just trying to add some actual information to the site.

sleeepy808

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by Team 4R
worst how-to ever................ :lol:

the correct method:

- remove your valve cover
- spray it with aircraft grade paint remover
- go play gt3 for 20 mins
- wash cover with a gentle stream of water
- put valve cover back on
ah s**t, you mentioned gt3. can't wait for gt4; january

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I didn't want to pay $200 for a Tenzo-R valve cover for my D16Z6, so all I did was buy paint stripper, primer, high-temp caliper paint, and a new valve cover gasket. Yanked the cover off, stripped whatever crap was on there with the stripper, primered that sucker up, and painted it red ... After that, I took a paint marker and highlighted, in black, the honda symbol and the words "HONDA VTEC" on the valve cover ... it cost me a total of about $30-35 and looks really great! =) Why do I have the feeling that I'm going to get rheemed for being cheap, yet innovative?

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i support you anfrey your just trying to put info on this site, and others come in a get it going way off track....

sleeepy808

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by GReddyCivic
I didn't want to pay $200 for a Tenzo-R valve cover for my D16Z6, so all I did was buy paint stripper, primer, high-temp caliper paint, and a new valve cover gasket. Yanked the cover off, stripped whatever crap was on there with the stripper, primered that sucker up, and painted it red ... After that, I took a paint marker and highlighted, in black, the honda symbol and the words "HONDA VTEC" on the valve cover ... it cost me a total of about $30-35 and looks really great! =) Why do I have the feeling that I'm going to get rheemed for being cheap, yet innovative?
tenzo r *coughing* "bad *coughing* "bad" i like the mugen one. but refuse to pay $830 for it. so i am down for the fake one

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by sleeepy808
tenzo r *coughing* "bad *coughing* "bad" i like the mugen one. but refuse to pay $830 for it. so i am down for the fake one
NO DOUBT! =)

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by Limit-98Vic
lets see a finished product

there is a pic done the way Team4r said... I did that over at this place... so you can take mine or his word for it... air strip remover does wonders! and i think it came out quite nice IMO

Originally posted by Limit-98Vic
i think imma just get my power coughted
that would just be a complete waste of money... when people look at my valve cover, they go "wow" or "niCe" bunch of randomn stuff... everyone says it looks goood... so saves you money on gettin your s**t powder coated (thats how you spell it to btw.. not coughted)

MrG

Learner
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
where would you get aircraft grade paint remover, and do you have any brands I could ask for?

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
auto zone type AARRRR has it... no real name brands.... just ask em for air strip paint remover

ghostsi

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well to get aircraft paint remover is easy, i am a apache crewcheif and i just hav to go to my POL guy and sign some out, we have the good s**t,but very toxic though. But yeah the autozone stuff would work.