1. ClubCivic is now on Instagram! Follow us at clubcivicdotcom. Want your photos features? Tag or DM us, use #clubcivicdotcom, or email us your photos to photos@clubcivic.com

How To: Remove Cruise Control in a 6th Gen

Discussion in 'Engine Tech / Drivetrain DIY How-To's' started by Szady, Nov 14, 2006.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. Evan.

Evan. iTrader EVERYthing Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

lol, I work at honda, but thanks. I think well be better off finding someone with a dx.

2. KiDxTrUe

KiDxTrUe New Member 5+ Year Member

so i guess im gonna need one of these rubber pieces also? LOL i drive a 97 ex

3. josh4892

josh4892 New Member

or just use tape :roll:

nice write up, im gonna be doing this today, maybe ill put up a before and after

4. josh4892

josh4892 New Member

thought i would just throw in my before and after, i aslo got rid of some "rice" in the form of these gay blue hoses that were on it when i bought it. enjoy!

and my next step is to do a thoruough clean of the bay, its dirty as hell

before

[​IMG]

after

[​IMG]

MYDAYLY likes this.
  5. evilrilla2

evilrilla2 New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

This post is old, but it definitely help me get my cruise control off. The hardest part was to get the throttle cable off. basically i just rotated it upwards (pulling the wire at 90 degrees and it came off, slips off. The other question ppl had was how to cover the firewall hole. I had a rubber hood adjuster plug (basically its used to adjust the hood when it is closed up or down) and I just twisted inside the firewall hole and it fit perfectly! Looks OEM and looks better than patching it up with black tape. Im assuming the plug came off a civic a long time ago when i upgraded my front end.

6. barcasmith

barcasmith Banned

Good job man.

7. jglovier

jglovier New Member

First, huge thanks to the OP for this helpful and detailed explanation. The pics really helped, and I was able to do this in about 30 min.

Pretty sure this part is written incorrectly. When you push the gas pedal, the cable that moves is actually the throttle cable, and you DO want to keep that cable entact (i.e. if you cut it, you're SOL for pressing the gas lol).

The cable that DOESN'T move when you press the gas is the one you want to remove. It's pulled in the opposite direction by the cruise control assembly, which manually depresses the gas pedal. That's the one you want to remove and pull back through the firewall.

Just figured that was worth clarifying for anyone who comes along like I did and scratches their head for a moment at that part of the instructions.