1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

How To: Remove Key Tumbler

Discussion in 'Interior / Audio / Electronics DIY How-To's' started by Eran, Jun 27, 2006.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. Eran

Eran It's on ass-backwards. Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Here's a little how-to I made on how to remove a key tumbler from your ignition. This should be helpful to anyone who's had a car stolen, or broken a key off in the ignition :???:

Here's how your ignition would sit if it was in your car:

[​IMG]

==========================================

[​IMG]
    Step 1: Remove the TORX T-30 bolt from the bottom of the ignition.

[​IMG]
    Step 2: Turn the key to the first line (Accessory) and pull away from the ignition.

[​IMG]
    Step 3: Press the small black dot on the top with a pick or mini screwdriver.

[​IMG]
    Step 4: PULL

And there you have it. :thumbs up

2. 1999stockaccord

1999stockaccord Honduh's... LULZ Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Thanks for the info

Moved to how-to's

3. wannabe

wannabe law abiding smog tech Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

good info :thumbs up it took me a while to figure out that the torx bolt had to be removed when i fixed my steering column. [f**k theives :evil: ]

4. Steven.

Steven. Formally Green 91 Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

wish it were that easy when i did it, i didnt have the key.

5. racing_kid

racing_kid take that sucka!!!!! Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

thanks!

6. alvarez86

alvarez86 New Member 5+ Year Member

05 civic lx???

by chance do you know where the release pin for the tumbler lock would be on the 05 civic???
    i uncovered my colum but i cant find the tumbler release.:(

7. boxinggsxr

boxinggsxr New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

i cant find mine on the 05 either, so if you take out the key lock from the tumbler and get another lock and key dont you have to get that flashed by honda to make it work?

8. emerican

emerican New Member Registered VIP

this thread is years old