how to remove stock intake manifold

gujuman

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i own a 99 honda civic EX sedan, but a canadian versions which is a non-vtec engine. Could anyone help me with instructions to remove the intake manifold, cause i just bought a new short ram intake but i'm having problems removing the bloody box.

KennyC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
basically take out everything that comes out of the intake manifold.

civic hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
are you removing the intake manifold or the factory air intake box ?????

yoman793

boost fiend
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
rip everything off from the manifold, and remove every screw and bolt. the new intake should have its own clamps and you probably on have one bolt. Just take it all off.

x0supermonkey0x

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wait.... r u just putting on the intake hose and filter ?.. or the MANIFOLD!?.... if its the airbox/hose assembly ... its rather easy... u can do it in like 10 minutes...

gujuman

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i need to take the manifold off (where the O2 senser is, that box) because the bend in the pipe won't fit properly on that box.
Looks like the US version of the EX, is way easier to bolt on, cause its right there to put the pipe on. I'm just having a problem finding a screw if there is one, i only found one, but its still seems like there is another screw or bolt somewhere. I'm just afraid if i yank at it really hard, i'm gonna break something

gujuman

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nevermind, i found my problem. It was a brace holding it, thats why i couldn't get it off.
But thanks for all your help boyz