How To: Remove your OEM Side Skirt

Jmcm1227

5+ Year Member
I've had some trouble trying to figure out how to properly remove them until i figured out how to remove them properly without damaging any parts. And so I am passing it down for those that might need it..

NOTE: These are only the OEM skirts that are being removed and replaced back.. This works for both sides too BTW..

To remove your OEM Side skirts to either paint them, or replace them, you will need a couple of tools.

Tools:
-Screwdriver X
-and an extra pair of hands to help you out..

First, locate your screws, there are 5 screws in total.

Two in the front behind the wheel

By jmcm1227 at 2011-05-11

And three in the bottom of the side skirt

After you have located them, turn your wheel accordingly to make it easier and proceed to remove the screws in the front.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

After this, remove the screws on the bottom of the side skirt

Make sure you keep the screws together and make sure you keep them safe... Do not lose the screw hooks since these keep the side skirt on your car.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

After removing all the screws, push the side skirt towards the FRONT of the car and the skirt should come off.

Once you are done with your side skirts, you will notice a set of white clips that held the skirt on to the car, theres about 7 clips for the sedan, clips vary from coupes to hatch to sedan.

In order to put your skirt back on, turn the white clips diagonally and pull to remove them. Its an option to use a flathead screwdriver to remove them but it should come off easily.

Once the clips are off, place these clips onto the skirt accordingly making sure that you push it all the way in to secure the clip on the skirt.

This is how its supposed to look if you have the skirt upright.

Once all clips are put on the skirt, have your partner push the side skirt on to the holes the clips came from. they should snap into place with no problems.

After putting them on, make your final adjustments to make the screws connect to the wheel well lining and the frame.

Place the black hook into the hole under the frame making sure that all four sides go in the hole.

once this is done, you can now put the screws back into place to hold it back in..

Thats it, the side skirt should be back on its original state with no bulging or warped look.

Thanks for reading and I hope this helps..

Ed[K*]

GO! GO! GADGET VTEC!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thank you sir! :thumbs up

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
I didn't even look at who the poster was until I noticed the side logos. lol. good to know though.

Jmcm1227

5+ Year Member
Your welcome @ED[K*]

lol hahaha... @WalkingComplex first how to lol.. hahah... hopefully i got more to come lol.

cuyambro

Hope is not too late

Just wondering if the plastic clips screw off or pull off, i try to screw them off and nothing happen so i stop working on it. :???: