How to replace front amber parking light?

Anthony_76

5+ Year Member
I searched the forums and didn't find anything, seems hard to get to, am I going to have to remove my headlight assembly to change this, I can move the power steering reservoir a little but it doesn't help much.
Any tips or tricks?
Thanks in advance.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I believe youre referring to the amber lens within the headlight. You definitely didnt search well enough. You need to bake the headlights. (250 for 10min.) so they may be opened to get to the amber lens. The front bumper must come off to reach the 2 lower mounting bolts of each headlight. The power steering pump doesnt need to be touched.

If you refer to the bulb itself, it should be accessible by prying back the wheel well cover from behind the headlight. All this is easily found by searching online.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It requires tiny hands and weird angles or removing the headlight to change the turn signal

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
you can get to it if you go through the wheel well pull the liner down if you have one on your car and you'll be able to get it. you won't be able to get from the top

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you refer to the bulb itself, it should be accessible by prying back the wheel well cover from behind the headlight. All this is easily found by searching online.
Or looking things over and using some common sense.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Or looking things over and using some common sense.
That too, although I prefer to say logic as "common" sense is a low average nowadays due to lack of effort.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That too, although I prefer to say logic as "common" sense is a low average nowadays due to lack of effort.
Lack of effort or flat out laziness and wanting everything spoon fed to you.
If that's the case, just take the car to someone to get it worked on.

It seems more and more that people have lost the ability to look at something, use some reasoning and problem solve/troubleshoot.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It seems more and more that people have lost the ability to look at something, use some reasoning and problem solve/troubleshoot.
I blame the abuse of modern technology as methods of excessive convenience. It encourages the potentially lazy to exacerbate the negative trait. But lets leave it at that as we're bordering thread jacking territory.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
Well that escalated quickly lol
yea but some times its ok to ask when there really isn't a clear answers but when there is a clear answer plastered all over the Internet and people ask its like did you even bother looking it up first?? lol

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well that escalated quickly lol
If you think that's an escalation, search through some older threads. Some people get ridiculous over the dumbest reasons, often caused by denial of their own inadequacies. This thread is still very calm.

@Anthony_76 , get us back on track already and tell us if you figured it out :shock:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What the hell is that brown thing & green thing? I've wondered since I joined the forum?

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Brown thing is a Domo, green thing is a llama I think? lol
Ohhh...
Domo-kun is a small brown open-mouthed monster (hatched from an egg) who lives with a wise old rabbit underground and really, really likes TV. Domo-kun is the mascot of NHK's BS2 (a satellite channel in Japan; he also appears on BS1).

"Domo" in this case appears to mean more of something (usually to stress "thank you," "excuse me," etc), implying increased politeness. "kun" is used as "Mr." or "Ms." for "younger people or colleagues". He acquired his name in the second episode, when Usajii turns on the TV for him and an announcer says "Domo konnichiwa" (i.e. "very much hello").

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
Ohhh...
Domo-kun is a small brown open-mouthed monster (hatched from an egg) who lives with a wise old rabbit underground and really, really likes TV. Domo-kun is the mascot of NHK's BS2 (a satellite channel in Japan; he also appears on BS1).

"Domo" in this case appears to mean more of something (usually to stress "thank you," "excuse me," etc), implying increased politeness. "kun" is used as "Mr." or "Ms." for "younger people or colleagues". He acquired his name in the second episode, when Usajii turns on the TV for him and an announcer says "Domo konnichiwa" (i.e. "very much hello").
I don't even want to ask how do you know this.. lol Thanks for the info.