1. ClubCivic is now on Instagram! Follow us at clubcivicdotcom. Want your photos features? Tag or DM us, use #clubcivicdotcom, or email us your photos to photos@clubcivic.com

How To: Replace your Tape/ CD Player with OEM Pocket.

Discussion in 'Interior / Audio / Electronics DIY How-To's' started by 96greencivic, Jul 12, 2005.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. 96greencivic

96greencivic #1 in the Atlantic! Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Replace your Tape/ CD Player with OEM pocket

Here is the Before Picture.
    [​IMG]

STEP ONE: Buy or find the OEM pocket. You should be able to read the item number.
    [​IMG]

STEP TWO: Remove the screws from the arm-rest portion. There are a total of 6 screws (3 on each side)
    You may need one of those stub phillips head to get to the one by the seatbelt. Also, move the
    seat back and forth as needed to get to the screws.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

STEP THREE: Put your parking brake up and gently lift the arm rest piece out. Slide it away from the
    windshield back and pull up. It should come out pretty easy.
    [​IMG]

STEP FOUR: Remove a total of 4 screws (2 on each side) from the cup holder portion of the console.
    [​IMG]

STEP FIVE: Gently pull up and out on this cover piece. For you autos like me, put your key in the ignition
    and put the gear back into "2" to give yourself room. You can't skip this part or you won't get
    the piece out easily.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

STEP SIX: Now that you have the cover off, here is what you have left. There are a total of 4 screws
    holding in the entire cup holder unit. Take out those screws and slide it out. You'll see 4 more
    gold colored screws holding your slave unit. Of course, just take those out. (I didn't think you
    needed a picture for that.) Now slide out your slave unit.
    [​IMG]

STEP SEVEN: Here you have the cupholder assembly. Now the hard part, slide in the pocket.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

STEP EIGHT: Once you pop in the pocket, there are two screws you'll need to have to secure the pocket
    to the unit. The pocket doesn't come with it, so you'll need to provide your own. The screws
    that held the slave will not work. In this picture you can see how I used a black screws vs.
    the gold colored screw that held in the slave.
    [​IMG]

STEP NINE: Now just reverse to assemble and step back at a now more useful space vs. looking at a unit
    that is useless b/c you have an after market HU. It's simple and anyone can do it. If you need
    help, PM me or just get Honda to do it for you and charge you $70.
    [​IMG]

I hope this helps someone. This is my first official DIY with decent pictures. :ok:

2. jdmem205

jdmem205 New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

would the oem pocket from an em2 01-05 civic 2dr fit?

3. Genuine Rolla

Genuine Rolla Its PETEY PETE, y0! Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

hmm, now that is an interesting question.

I'm not totally sure man. You could give it a try and let us know if it works out for ya.

4. jdmem205

jdmem205 New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

^^^^ Yea I was planning on trying it out but since the pics above don't work I don't know how to get to the tape deck to swap it out with the pocket I would really hate to go in blind

5. 99CEX

99CEX New Member

sub'd

6. jbullet93

jbullet93 New Member

pics dont worrrkkkk????

7. dc5_dy

dc5_dy New Member

pics still not working... :cry:

8. Abailey21

Abailey21 New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

the thread is from 2005....maybe the author of the thread is no longer a user????

9. PHAHEEM

PHAHEEM New Member

Just get the cup holder from the 99-00 civics. Direct fit and the tray is bigger while the cup holders have a better design.

10. dc5_dy

dc5_dy New Member

back from the dead...

i think im gonna do this.. :cool: