How To: Rewire Your Bumper Lenses To Double As Fogs 4th Generation

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how to rewire your bumper lenses to double as fogs

Here are a couple of diagrams based on the method to do it.

Single Fillament Diagram

Fairly self explanitory ... lights will come on with headlights, and when you hit the blinker the appropriate one will blink, while the other stays solid.

Dual Fillament Diagram

Also pretty easy, there were three wires coming off my dual socket, ground low beam high beam

low blinks, and the high comes on when the headlights are turned on. You can reverse the wires so low come on with lights and high comes on when you hit the blinker, but then they wouldnt really double as fogs now would they.

I have done this to 2 different cars ... here my 91 civic with the lows as the blinker and highs as the fogs wired through a switch

My moms 91 accord which has the lows wired to the headlights and the highs through the blinker

jdmblahblahblah

5+ Year Member
hey i wanna do this....but you didnt really give a real detailed way.....do you think you could send me a pic or diagram of it.?

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks like the pictures are long dead

but anyways if you dont want to buy new sockets just tap the wire in your corner lense that blinks then run it down to your bumper ... only problem with doing it this way is the housing tends to melt lol

i did the dual fillament method in the 94 accord i had and it worked great, more for looks than anything else