How To: Rewrite cruise control with momo steering wheel.

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
This is a quick DIY on how to re wire up existing cruise control to your car with an aftermarket steering wheel.
In this case I have an NRG quick release, short hub, hub lock and a momo jet wheel.

The wiring diagram I used. The yellow box shown is the male srs plug left over from your aftermarket wheel install.

The female plug left over from the srs wheel hub from your factory wheel. Disassembled and the wires pulls out we we can sotter the new wires to the pins.

The wires sottered and put back into the connector. (I made a mistake and wired them backwards. Note the wires should be sottered to right side when the top of the yellow connector aces you. I resottered ten to the correct side after this pic)

This is a hairpin I used to ground the horn so your aftermarket horn works. Sand down the edges that will make contact. This will e sottered to the horn wire. (pin number 6 farthest from the right) this pin will make contact with the back of your aftermarket hub.

This is the top of my steering Collum, I have wired my buttons too. Also u can see the ground I made with the hair clip. Note pin 6 the horn pin connects to my hair clip ground, and both switches to ground them.

This is everything re assembled, and working first try! Red butten is set/decel and black is accel/resume.

And WABAM! You have cruise control with an aftermarket wheel!

If you need to install ur aftermarket wheel here is a DIY I used.
http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=110066

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

just made this for a friend. my own diagram, also this week i'll be getting rid of the SRS light so this, stay tuned!

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Got the SRS light off today. Its super easy, 1 and 3 on the 6 pin SRS plug are used. You put a 2ohm resister (will have 2 red lines and 2 gold lines on it, that is the correct size.)
once you do that all you have to do is reset the srs system.

http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=115880
the above link shows how to do it.

basically find the srs yellow plug that is used to reset the srs system by say a dealership. You will know you found it because it plugs into a dummy plug.

Unplug it, and place 2 bent paper clips in the male end.
turn the ignition to accessory while holding the 2 clips together.

the srs light will shut off after 6 sec
then let go of the clips so they dont shut off

the light will come back on. hold the 2 clips together again for about 4 sec.
the light will shut off and you release the clips again.

the srs light will then flash twice then remain off.

shut the car off, wait 30 sec then turn the car on and the srs light should pop on for 3 sec then shut off just like normal.

this is a pic of the2 ohm resistor you will need.

this is an updated version of my previous diagram showing how to wire up cruise control w/ an aftermarket wheel.