How To: Rim Polishing

accordztech

Maderator
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
rim polishing

this is for my accord, but gee it can apply to all cars...

i have had a really bad time with my rims for the last 5 years. a long time ago i let the water sit on my rim and it killed it...made it look ugly. usually i wax the rim but that doesnt last long.

After hearing about this i had to try it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Materials:
Mothers: Mag & Aluminum cleaner (found at any auto store $3.99)
Buffer...high speed (optional)*usually most would do good without a high speed or a buffer...yet i just couldnt get it to look nice, so i whipped out my sander--->converted into a buffer/polisher hahaha
Rags: 2 to 4 of them...perferably terry or microfiber. (i used cotton).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Procedure:

1. first clean the rim...i was lazy so i just wiped the outside of the rim and decided later ill clean the rest.

2. get the application rag and apply a small but decent amount on it and then rub into the rim a section at a time. try to rub in the trouble spots more....

3. either buff off or use the high speed buffer to take it off
4. inspect the rim and try again if there is any trouble spots....
starting product

after first clean

..still spots see

after 2nd clean

....much nicer...it can be better

after 3rd clean

pretty easy isnt it? not in my case, i had to do at least 6 applications and buffings for my rim. but really it was worth it in the end. but this process took me umm...3 hours...thats cause i was playing with the dremel and how to apply it.

2 rims took me an hour....since i did it soo many times and took breaks every damn time hahahah!

Finished product!!

This is a very easy DIY. Most people dont concider the fact that their rims look wack....i do....and you guys thought i had a clean car!! hahahah.

Later ill clean it up and apply this stuff on the spots where the brake dusts sits....

BTW: this product gets out stains like nothing...i had some brake dust stains from years ago...this product worked like a charm...

Hope you guys enjoy...for the person who helped me...thanks...when i find out your name ill post it here.