How To: Stop Subs From Moving Around And Increase Sound Quality..

Status
Not open for further replies.

charles_00Civic

CC'S Longest Running Noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Stop Subs From Moving Around And Increase Sound Quality.

For this to work you have to have Your subs all wired up and they must be located in thecenter of the trunk. I did this with a dual sub enclosure but one would work as well.

Parts:

-POOL NOODLE

-Knife

-Tie Down Straps
About 1- 1 1/2" wide.

-Parental Supervision for Younger Children or Incompetent Adults.

__________________________________________________________________________________

-Using the knife, cut the pool noodle into 2" sections. Pick a color of noodle that suits your car as parts of it may be visible. For two 10" subs in a aingle box I used 8 sections.

-Lower the rear seats and locate the U-BOLTS that they clasp onto in order to get held ino place. These are located behind the headrests or in that genearl area.
They're like the trunk latch except hold tyhe seats in place.

-Run the tie down straps through the U-Bolts and around the sub woofer enclosure. The two straps, looped through around the sub woofer box should hold it in place once tightenend. I placed them on the outside of the subs so as not to allow them to slide side to side. The subs will be suspended if you tighten the straps too tight.

-Place the 2" pool noodle sections under the sub woofer box(s). This will stop the transfer of vibrations from the box to the car.

DO NOT CRANK UP THE SUBS OR DRIVE THE CAR FOR AT LEASE 1/2 HOUR AFTER DOING THIS.

The sections need time to compress under the weight of the sub's. This will also increase stability. Make sure the straps are tightened and the crans closed so they dont vibrate. Put the rear seats into their original postions and try the system out. The box(s) will no longer slide in the trunk and the vibrations will be minimalized. All i did in my buds Lancer was the following steps and 2 4" by 2" sections of dynamat on the trunk hinges and it sounds great. I wish I had pictures. Use your imagination!!

-

Status
Not open for further replies.