how to take out sun visor clips?

d.Wrek

5+ Year Member
ok so the headliner on my sunroof has been gettin torn up and ive been wantin to replace it for a while...i

already did this in my buddys civic so i know what im doing except for how to take out the clips that hold

the sunvisors closed...when we did his we ended up breaking both sides to get them out but im trying not to

break mine...i read some stuff about turning them and they fall right out so i tried this but i can only get mine

to turn about 30 degrees and theyre still in there tight...just wondering if anyone knows something that i

dont?

leothelion

d:p
Registered VIP
ITS SUPPER HARD. sometimes. yeah those things suck. what i do is take a rag or a cloth or something and some pliers put the cloth on the inside of the pliers and then grip the clip, then twist, it shouldn't break, and you can twist i any way i believe. they are in there really tight. If you do break it, they are only like 5 bucks at the dealer, best of luck and post pics when your done man, i love redone headliners.

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They are tight fitting, just give them a good quarter turn. I just held onto it and twisted, out it came.

skunk808

grab it and twist it to the left and it should just pop out