Status
Not open for further replies.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DIY: Wiper Re-Paint

well i was sick of seeing my wipers half chrome / half lack so i decided to make them less of an eye sore and paint them...

Remember this is a DIY i am not responsible for you messing up... but ask questions if needed.

DIY Duration: Approx 1-2 HR(s) to finish

Materials Needed - Shown:
Metal Primer
Matt Back Rust Paint
Steel Wool / Fine Sandpaper
Socket Wrench if needed

- Materials Used - All found at Canadian Tire / Home Depot

- Now first things first you gotta remove the wiper arms
I found it easier to pop the hood, i have big hands so couldn't get a hold on them with the hood down, you fruity guys might be able to do it...

- Now with mine i needed a socket wrench to get mine off, but you might be able to use your bare hands...
oh don mind the engine bay, spring just began so will wash soon don worry

- Now seperate the wiper blades from the arms...
if you have trouble here well u need to be taking the bus ad shouldn't be touching a car...

- Depending on the condition of your blades clean em up, if rust is isible grind it down, scrape old paint off and get them ready for primer...

- Set them onto your designated painting surface. I chose the garage floor with cardboard... oooo ahhh KONIGS...

- Ready for Priming- Now Light even coats is the key

- If needed sand after if imperfections are made, cause if they are there in the primer they will be there in the paint - Let Dry - should only take bout 15 min

- Ready for Paint - Remember light strokes, even flow, and thin layers...

- Let dry, sand in between if needed, 2 coats should be good... let dry in between, depending on where you paint it the drying time will vary...

- Now refer to the first steps and backtrack and re-intall em... hopefully you remember which is which...

- Ta-dahhh... all done

- Nice and Clean...
Before vs After

- Misc Shot of car / my garage while painting...

Status
Not open for further replies.