HX Owners, Unite!

conor97hx

I thought I posted in this thread.

Mines a 1997 Hx, has 163k miles, bought it with 140k on the clock. Have only done maintenance and small stuff here and there but i love it, it's been a big change from putting premium in my em1 every couple of days to every other week and using the cheap gas. I plan on keeping this car long term if life lets me.

Attachments

Donahue

Respected
I guess I'm the first to post a 7th gen.
-2004 HX
-5 speed
-only 1 partial tank so far, 37 mpg with no O2 sensor.

Last edited:

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Your the first to post a 7th gen because your in the 6th gen subforum, clean 7th gen though.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Your the first to post a 7th gen because your in the 6th gen subforum, clean 7th gen though.
In my opening post, I did mention that 7th gen's were included but being that there are so few of them, I created this mainly targetting the 6th gen's. So he's OK.

Welcome aboard, Donahue. Thanks for posting here. now get that O2 issue taken care of and let this thread know how your MPG is doing afterwards.

Donahue

Respected
In my opening post, I did mention that 7th gen's were included but being that there are so few of them, I created this mainly targetting the 6th gen's. So he's OK.

Welcome aboard, Donahue. Thanks for posting here. now get that O2 issue taken care of and let this thread know how your MPG is doing afterwards.
its too early to tell, but i love how i can drive 100 miles before the needle even moves off of completely full.

D16RedCoupe

1996 HX
5 Speed
223,000 miles (original motor/trans)
Average 40mpg in town and best I've seen is 46mpg on the highway.
The mpg's will soon shoot down once I turbo it.
Was completely stock until about a month ago. Now it has tien s-tech springs, eBay muffler, new headlights and tailights, and short throw shifter.

Attachments

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not bad. Is that a back-up camera on the trunk lid?

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
A brief side note... I moved back to FL from KY and I'm so glad to no longer deal with ReFormulated Gas. I'm looking forward to my first full fill-up with some good ol' Chevron, of which there are none in KY since they refuse to make RFG. Apparently, their research contradicts the EPAs information that RFG is better for the environment when it actually dissipates if it sits too long (don't drive a lot) than regular fuel and is less efficient. Anyways, I'm currently on Citgo with that new (to me) Tri-Clean additive that seems to be OK so far.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Here's a recent updated pic.188,4xx miles and counting. You can see more on my build page.
20160207_105624-1-1.jpg

Vinny97

1997 Silver HX, 266k miles.
I get 35 city and 42 highways.
Bone stock down to the radio.
Original 5 speed transmission and engine.
My daily dive car and runs great. Civic HX are hard to find.

lts70

1996 Red HX, 212k
0 mpgs, got the car with a seized motor
5 Speed manual transmission
Hoping to get her back on the road and update my mpg information, feel good that I rescued her from the crusher. 31603