I cannot get the back seat removed on my 05 Hybrid

Scott L

I have a fixed seat (not split seats). I have seen the diagram showing what needs to be done. Supposedly there are 3 places at the top where they "hook" in. Not finding them at all. I do see the bolts at the bottom of the seats on the left and right edges near the doors. Supposed to be a 3rd bolt in the middle of the bottom of the seat as well.

I checked the trunk to see if the hooks can be accessed there and it certainly doesn't seem so.

Here are the instructions I was following that I found on this forum using the search function:
http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/attachments/picture_7834-jpg.24179/

Has anybody removed the back seat of their 05 hybrid (or equivalent vehicle)?

Last edited:

Scott L

Ok, I have successfully removed the backseat. Thanks to this video:

He removes 3 bolts along the bottom of the back seat, I found a 4th one I needed to remove on the left side of the middle of the seat (he appears to look for that bolt but then skips it as it must have removed already).

You have to work the seat a bit to get it to lift out of where the hooks fit in along the top of the seat (3 hooks total, left edge, center and right edge). I removed the headrests first to make it easier.

Fitting the back seat back into the slots for the hooks is even tricker.

I successfully installed replacement speakers for the rear (6 1/2 inch openings). If anyone needs any help with the rest of the install after removing the back seat, PM me.

Last edited: