I can't believe how few green ej8s there are (prepare for pics)

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
I would just rock non-vtec with higher compression, some B16 pistons and bolt ons and a good tune will make your goals.

Youre still looking at another 1200-1500 to get that engine to run in your car.

Going OBD1 is going to be the easiest way to get that engine in your car.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:rice:

Those tails. Christ. To each their own, but man. The 50/50 EM1 tails are sought after. I loved those.
I see green EJ8's all over the place. They are generally DX's, CX's or the occasional EX (although not as common).
I'm with CHiLD, save up, get a plan of attack, and you could get this in the right direction.
That b18 would be ideal for boost if you want to sink a ton of money into this. If you want something quick, get all the parts together to reassemble the block, and trade it/sell it for a b16/b18c (will require cash on your end). I'll keep an eye on this!

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you dont have money to afford a turbo setup, you dont have the money to build the ls motor properly. If you can't afford those, you cant afford another simple swap like a b16a2. Your budget is just too low without cheaping out on things that'll cause you to spend more in the long run. Just make your stock motor healthy and enjoy it

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Your budget is just too low without cheaping out on things that'll cause you to spend more in the long run. Just make your stock motor healthy and enjoy it
Bingo.

Look at how long we've been here, we know what we're talking about :lol:

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Still a d16 that runs vs the mystery motor.
You take care of it, and that thing will run forever.

Ice Cream Kid

It's not like I'm planning an immediate swap. This car IS my daily and I'm keeping the automatic d16y8. Hell I wanna run it past 300k miles. What I'm saying is that I've got a good bit of an engine and I intend to do some learning and some building. I've rebuilt a GM v6 in class but that engine didn't matter for sh*t. I want to make this engine into something not crazy, but reasonable. As it sits my car makes d**k for power and balls for torque. My civic's got male genitals under the hood. A b18b isn't a great improvement on its own, but given the fact that I've got the ability to do whatever I like with it since it's not got to be in anything immediately, I'm fairly certain I can make something that's at least fun to drive and doesn't get me near rear-ended every time I get on the highway. I know the b18b isn't a great engine. I know. Trust me. But it was basically free, and I can definitely do something with it if I put a little time into it.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
The b18a/b are great engines :/

If you're dead set on doing it, then read my previous post and go from there.

It's just going to take longer, but better planning makes for an easier swap.