I have a 95 civic with a d15b7 and its smoking. HELP PLEASE!!

derekdenton14

So first off it has 249xxx miles and its not the cleanest. But it blew my radiator hose one-day, so of course i had to replace it. And on my way home i kept rumning it about a block untill it would over heat then stop. And that was goin on for about 3 hours. Anyways after that it wouldnt run normal, it kept over heating non stop. So i replaced the tempature gauge and tempature sensor. It still was over heating, so i replaced the radiator. And now its smoking really bad. It is thick white smoke. And sometimes when i stop it takes off idleing really slow and it takes off veey slow for a good 30 sec also. Does anyone know what this could possibly be.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sounds like you blew the head gasket.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Like I really wanted to be a d**k, but whatever.

The headgasket went bad and you kept driving on it. The head is very likely warped and will probably need machining. Cheapest route is to find a good used engine and pay someone competent to put it in.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yep, motor might be toast. I did something similar to you a few years back... D series with a mini-me swap, I was delivering pizza and blew a hose. Had only 3 miles to get back, so I kept stopping every half mile. Even just going that far I warped the head. Enter B-seriers motor lol.