I just bought a 1995 honda civic ex coupe that is swapped with a B18c1 engine from a 1995 integra

KhristianT

Hello, I just bought a 1995 honda civic ex coupe that is swapped with a B18c1 engine from a 1995 integra. I need transfer the title and registration to my name and it came to California from Utah and still has Utah plates but no one will smog it unless i get it BARD by a state ref but i also need cats and an O2 sensor but I still don’t know if it’ll pass is there a way to get it transferred without a smog? I don’t even know what to do with this thing I need like someone to walk me through this. my insta is khristiantepezano_ if you’re willing to walk me through the legal california process

Brak

Respected
5+ Year Member
sorry, but I don't think there's a easy solution.
one of the many reasons i will never move back to California.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
No solution there, if the motor is swapped I have no idea how you will get it to pass CARB in Cali. California is the most restrictive state on automotive emissions and automotive in general. The state has also cracked down hard on issued CARB stickers to vehicles that do not pass CARB.

How you ask, enforcement by the State and Local Police. Most those Police officers have no idea what the f**k they are looking at.