i know this question has been asked a million times but...

dirtlicker87

I have a 2003 honda civic lx with like 96k miles on it. I just recently took it in for an oil change and since then it has then making a god awful ticking noise. If taken it to a mechanic and he said without taking the motor apart, he cant tell where its coming from or what is even causing the noise. My oil level is fine and so is my oil pressure. I'm completely out of ideas as to what it could be =/

Avant Uprising

GONE FISHIN
Registered VIP
Valve adjustment?!?!

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a 2003 honda civic lx with like 96k miles on it. I just recently took it in for an oil change and since then it has then making a god awful ticking noise. If taken it to a mechanic and he said without taking the motor apart, he cant tell where its coming from or what is even causing the noise. My oil level is fine and so is my oil pressure. I'm completely out of ideas as to what it could be =/
Hey there how's it going how are you doing?

Take it back to the the place the did the oil change the tell them " hey man, the car is making a noise that it never made before you change the oil"

take alook around the bay and use your ear to at least get an idea where it coming from. To get and Idea you do not need to disassemble anything.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
first u need to find out where the ticking is coming from...

my guess would be valves also...

dirtlicker87

It's coming from underneath the air filter box on the back side of the motor, it hasn't had a valve adjustment done to my knowledge, the dealership we bought it from gave me the run around on what all had been serviced on the car. I've been thinking about calling and asking them of they did anything to my car when the oil got changed. I'm beyond frustrated right now with it.