I lost the rubber gasket on the IACV....

Mad-Mike

5+ Year Member
Alright my dumbass lost the rubber sideways 8 rubber gasket on my IACV but is it needed? The car drives like it does and still has the same idling problems as when It had the gasket. Also does anyone know where I can get one at besides www.hondaautomotiveparts.com because they charge $5 for shipping....

RonJ

Banned
You NEED the gasket. At least look for one at a junk yard.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
There's a screw on your throttle body to adjust your idle too if you are unaware.

Mad-Mike

5+ Year Member
So what are the idling problems? Or do you already have a thread on this?
I did have a thread but i posted it awhile back. When check engine light turns on rpms will stick at 1500rpms and when I put my finger over hole in the throttle body the engine doesn't die, just runs very low. I checked all lines and sprayed carb cleaner and can't find anything. When the check engine light is on driving is almost impossible cause the car is very very jump, but when the rpms stick I turn off the car for a second and start back up and I am able to drive normally. I've been having this problem for awhile now and I am really broke on Cash. How much is a vacuum leak test these days at a garage?

RonJ

Banned
I did have a thread but i posted it awhile back. When check engine light turns on rpms will stick at 1500rpms and when I put my finger over hole in the throttle body the engine doesn't die, just runs very low. I checked all lines and sprayed carb cleaner and can't find anything. When the check engine light is on driving is almost impossible cause the car is very very jump, but when the rpms stick I turn off the car for a second and start back up and I am able to drive normally. I've been having this problem for awhile now and I am really broke on Cash. How much is a vacuum leak test these days at a garage?
Is code P0505 thrown?

It seems that you have a vacuum leak or an intake air leak.

You can test for a vacuum leak. The vacuum system represents all of the hoses attached to the intake manifold (IM). Disconnect them one at a time and then block the IM nipple with your finger. Does doing this drop the idle speed to normal for any of the vacuum hoses?

An intake air leak would typically come from either the throttle body (TB) gasket or the IM gasket. Start by checking whether all TB and IM bolts/nuts are torqued to spec. If so, with the engine idling, spray some carburetor cleaner around either gasket and listen for a change in idle speed, which would indicate the location of a leak.

Mad-Mike

5+ Year Member
Is code P0505 thrown?

It seems that you have a vacuum leak or an intake air leak.

You can test for a vacuum leak. The vacuum system represents all of the hoses attached to the intake manifold (IM). Disconnect them one at a time and then block the IM nipple with your finger. Does doing this drop the idle speed to normal for any of the vacuum hoses?

An intake air leak would typically come from either the throttle body (TB) gasket or the IM gasket. Start by checking whether all TB and IM bolts/nuts are torqued to spec. If so, with the engine idling, spray some carburetor cleaner around either gasket and listen for a change in idle speed, which would indicate the location of a leak.
Yea P0505 is thrown, I got a simple scanner and I delete the code everytime it comes on to be able to drive the car normally. The light turns on after driving for about 15 minutes,