I need some help/instruction removing the rear deck in my 95 civic

rickywhitted

I picked up a 1995 Honda Civic EX Coupe 2dr and the rear speaker deck is trashed.

But without SMASHING it out with a hammer, whats the real way to remove it?!

Ive looked from every angle and cant figure it out.

I looked on the forum to find any posts like this and cant find anything so this is my last resort.

If this post needs to be moved, by all means put it where it should be.

Any help is DEFINiTLY appreciated!

Thanks!

xWIREMANx

I can't give you an exact tear down since I don't have one in front of me. I can however give you the most likely way it comes apart since most of them are the same.

1. Remove bottom rear seat cusion. If you are looking straight at it there is a 10mm bolt a little off to the right of center that is between the top seat cusion and lower seat cusion. The front is pretty much just clipped in with no bolts.

2. Remove top cusion/ 's. From what I remember you need to go to where the seat is hinged at the car. Pull back the carpet on the seat a little and there should be a couple of bolts to remove the hinge which in turn will release the seat. On two part seats the hinge to be removed is the one between the two seats.

3. Remove or at least partially unclip both door sill plates.

4. Remove any screws you can find in the rear side panels. Then unclip and remove.

5. Unclip the wire or wires from your rear window from the defrost lines to avoid breaking them in the next step.

6. Remove top trim panels.

7. The rear deck should be the only part left. Remove whatever screws and rear brake light plug (if any) then unclip and remove.

**Once again this is just a rough explanation of the teardown. Make sure you look for any hidden clips or screws since I didn't have one to look at.**

donnaj8887

I picked up a 1995 Honda Civic EX Coupe 2dr and the rear speaker deck is trashed.

But without SMASHING it out with a hammer, whats the real way to remove it?!

Ive looked from every angle and cant figure it out.

I looked on the forum to find any posts like this and cant find anything so this is my last resort.

If this post needs to be moved, by all means put it where it should be.

Any help is DEFINiTLY appreciated!

Thanks!
Thanks you for the post.