Ideas for a 2001 Civic EX sedan

Status
Not open for further replies.

laxdfns

5+ Year Member
sweet, yeh theres a bunch of ppl from Wisco on there, thanks for the heads!

ps bump on what shocks to have? latest ive heard is that with the ebiach coils you dont need new shocks b/c their progressive springs but I would need a camber kit

civfrk102

Top Speed 138 MPH for now
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you wanna diff look on an 01 try to find some 04-05 tails... they're a little diff and still good OEM product.
password jdm sells jdm blackhousing headlights they're also OEM so worth the money.
wheels i'd atleast go with 16" it'll look better
deff change the shocks with the springs tein s tech springs are a good choice for springs idk on struts i didn't so mine and i'm regretting it. i'm soon getting megan racing full coilovers... tokico might have struts. anything for the EP3 si or RSX will fit on the EM2 you have.
Hope This Helps

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If it's a mild drop you won't need a camber kit, just get the toe zeroed out. If you DO end up having too much camber it will only be in the rear and the kit to fix it is around $120.

16's look good on 7th gens but they can pull off 17's as well, rubber gets more expensive though.

I don't like Euro lights but if you do then hey, it's your car. You can get the rear lights and bumper from 04-05 civics, which look a little better IMO.

laxdfns

5+ Year Member
yeh ive been wondering about that, what all can swap from other civic years into mine? What about acura stuff? Mind you i dont plan on engine swapping or anything, just various detailing, etc. As far as rims on the tires, 16" dont sound too bad to me, but thats for a future time since id like to wear out the tread on mine b4 i buy new tires just cuz they can get pricey.....i.e time to shred my tires to find a excuse to get new ones!! ;) jk but as rims go, 15's I was just gonna use the 99-00 Civic SI rims but if you guys have ideas, feel free to post em, what size they fit and a pict. Thnx for the advice so far!

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you got a sunroof, you suck heh

laxdfns

5+ Year Member
lol yehh, ik, i got lucky..have you seen harold and kumar, the scene with Neil Patrick Harris and those girls and hes doing coke off their ass outta the sun roof..thats the reason i got it =)

ES1 Pnoy

5+ Year Member
I see you kinds just started fixing up your car. I know how it feels on thinking on what to put next to the car, I have those same problem back in while. One friendly advise though, don't throw any stuff to your car just to make it more aggressive, sometime being too aggressive turns out to be a RICE and you don't want that Im sure. Its true that fixing cars the right way is a bang in the buck but trust me its all worth it.
Here's some pics of my car to give you a heads up..

[/IMG]

laxdfns

5+ Year Member
Thanks, yours is essentially what i want to do to mine, its looks mostly stock, clean and more agressive. Dont worry bout me rice-ing it tho, i have a bunch of friends and gf watching to make sure i dont :P No, yours looks great, right up my alley...dont want black rims tho although it works on yours. Whatd you do to lower it and by how much?

laxdfns

5+ Year Member
yeh, says the image was removed or deleted...

Also, does anyone know if 2 door tailights can also fit a 4 door? My guess is no, but hoping yes lol

ES1 Pnoy

5+ Year Member
Thanks, yours is essentially what i want to do to mine, its looks mostly stock, clean and more agressive. Dont worry bout me rice-ing it tho, i have a bunch of friends and gf watching to make sure i dont :P No, yours looks great, right up my alley...dont want black rims tho although it works on yours. Whatd you do to lower it and by how much?

I have full coilovers in my car. That's the best way to lower your car unless you can do a good match of shocks and spring that would do too but then you can check stores that actually has coilovers for cheaper prices. And as for the drop Im not sure how low it went when I got it lowered so I wont be able to answer that buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.