Idle issue

FernandoSV

Hi guys, I have a civic 2007 ex coupe standard, in ralenti stays on 650 or 700rpm, how can I do to modified to 800 or 900rpm? Sorry for the poor english

Enviado desde mi SM-N920I mediante Tapatalk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I assume you mean you want to increase the RPMs. Why?

Si hablas espanol, te puedo ayudar. Qe significa "ralenti"?

FernandoSV

Ralenti es cuando el carro esta en neutral y por tener muy bajas las revoluciones se siente una vibración leve y al encender el ac se siente más, por eso las quiero hacer llegar a 800 o 900

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ah. En ingles se refriere a "idle".

Everyone else, he feels he needs to raise his RPMs at idle because when he turns on the AC the car sshakes too much. He wants to know if 800-900 RPMs at idle is optimal for his 7th gen.

FernandoSV

I got an eml scanner and the code that it's show is p2413, valve egr, this has something to do

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Definitely. Clean out the EGR valve with carburetor cleaner.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I updated the title to "Idle issue" now that we know thats your issue.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah, it looks like you'll need a replacement unfortunately. The good news is that this looks to be an easy fix.

FernandoSV

Thank you, I replaced and cleared the code of cel light, but the idle rpm it's still on 675 or 690 any ideas?

daperez13

Respected
Although it may seem that the car idles better when you rev it 800-900 rpms, raising them (even if you could) is not going to fix the problem. A lot of cars, especially Hondas, feel like they stumble just a bit when some accessories are turned on or used (lights, A/C, defroster, power windows, etc.). Just turn on your blinker and watch your rpm's fluctuate a tiny bit. This is because they rob the car of some power. Try cleaning additional components and check your alternator for correct voltage. Maybe it's time for a complete tune-up.

FernandoSV

I will tray but I think it's not normal to stay on 695 at idle, this when the car it's to correct temperature.