I'm finally back with wheels

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah they work, they just dont have as much filtering surface area and if it becomes clogged for some reason, no oil will be sent to the rest of your motor since there is no bypass.

i had to cut them open and take a test on just oil and filters lol
Automotive major? That's good info man.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Automotive major? That's good info man.
yup. but some of the more upper end of the oil filters like the ultra guards and stuff have the bypass built in. but thats why they cost 2-3x as much verse the 5 dollar version

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just use royal purple and a k&n filter,imo royal purple is the best
he doesnt need royal purple lol thats overpriced for his stock car, plus he doesnt synthetic. a good filter and your normal castrol, valvoline, and oils.

There is something castrol has thats makes it slightly better. idk what it is, but we had a guy that his job is to test and examine oil and he said he will only use castrol. but he wouldnt let us know why

lol this is a long conversation about oil and filters. sorry about the jack

Jose1027

Registered VIP
he doesnt need royal purple lol thats overpriced for his stock car, plus he doesnt synthetic. a good filter and your normal castrol, valvoline, and oils.

There is something castrol has thats makes it slightly better. idk what it is, but we had a guy that his job is to test and examine oil and he said he will only use castrol. but he wouldnt let us know why

royal purple adds hp according to the website:p

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol so do leaf blowers, stickers, air freshners and ebay electric leaf blowers

if you have over 75k miles on the car, it wouldnt be a bad idea to get high mileage oil either. it has ester in it which helps to swell old hard gaskets and seals to reduce oil leakage at the oil pan, rear main seal, vc

Last edited:

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what, like half a horse?

:lol:

I know what it is. Its liquid engineering :cool:

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Lol I don't mind the thread jack at all. I'm getting some good advice on what to use for my oil change tomorrow. I was probably just gpnna pick up 5 quarts from Weis since its 1.99, but I want to baby my engine so I might go castrol.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lol I don't mind the thread jack at all. I'm getting some good advice on what to use for my oil change tomorrow. I was probably just gpnna pick up 5 quarts from Weis since its 1.99, but I want to baby my engine so I might go castrol.

5 quarts for 1.99? yeah i wouldnt use that. the cheap oils you want to avoid, they dont have the same additives in them to protect from rust, break down, all that good stuff

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my dad and I have only ever used castrol gtx and fram filters most of the time and have never had any problems. his old 92 nissan truck only ever saw regular castrol and had over 200k miles when he sold it and was still running really strong.

XcLuSiVeLy4GoD

ODP
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Paint the VC any color! thats the joy of having the black car... any color would look good... or just polish it. As far FRAM filters... eh I've used them and never had any problems, but if you are going OEM more power to ya. As for oil, I think someone said it already, make sure its high mileage oil and not the bottom of the barrel stuff. Take care of your engine and she'll take care of you...

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont mean just Fram when i say filters, thats just a common name i used. its almost all filters like stp and such. 99% of the time you wont have problems, but if one does occur, it will be with those. and im also only talking about their baseline filters, not their better ones.

I would also only use high mileage if i meet what it says, its worth the extra dollar or two to improve all your gaskets and seals. will also save money in reducing the oil your leaking

Last edited:

emerican

Registered VIP
Im not sure about the cheaper fram filters i always buy the more expensive ones. Its worth the extra money to me for the peace of mind.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
5 quarts for 1.99? yeah i wouldnt use that. the cheap oils you want to avoid, they dont have the same additives in them to protect from rust, break down, all that good stuff
1.99 each.

Paint the VC any color! thats the joy of having the black car... any color would look good... or just polish it. As far FRAM filters... eh I've used them and never had any problems, but if you are going OEM more power to ya. As for oil, I think someone said it already, make sure its high mileage oil and not the bottom of the barrel stuff. Take care of your engine and she'll take care of you...
yeah, im still undecided on color. I wish i ciuld get it powdercoated but i dont know of anyone around here that does it.

jdm front that teggy

No, I like the bug eyes.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have a guy near me that will do it, actually he is in lancaster area. some amish dude

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Use compressed air to blast away the sand man. I know they'll have that there for sure (compress air).
Yeah dude I did, I have a pretty large compressor in the shop, just still didn't work that great, had to hit it with brake cleaner and shop towels lol.

I say either flat black or red on the vc!

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah dude I did, I have a pretty large compressor in the shop, just still didn't work that great, had to hit it with brake cleaner and shop towels lol.

I say either flat black or red on the vc!
I vote wrinkle red.
I'm undecided on wrinkle red or banner red for mine. Not sure which will match the milano red better.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have a guy near me that will do it, actually he is in lancaster area. some amish dude
Do you know how much he charges?
I vote wrinkle red.
I'm undecided on wrinkle red or banner red for mine. Not sure which will match the milano red better.
Well if Greg's friend can powdercoat mine, I think I will.

Oh and what do you guys think of Fat Fives on an integra? There's a craigslist ad in my area with gunmetal fat fives, bald tires for $150.