I'm new!

2017hatchbacksport

Hey everybody I have a 2017 hatchback sport and would really like to start putting mods on my car but have no clue where to start and what I should be careful of. Any suggestions??

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
First, :welcome: to ClubCivic! Post up some pictures!

Sooo that depends on what you want to do. Motor mods are obviously still very new. But there was an article I read last week about how well your motor responds to a tune! Stock engine with a Hondata tune netted an extra 40hp or so. Keep in mind I have no idea whether this may void a warranty or not.

As for style mods, hard to tell without looking at it. But some tint would look good! (it always does).

Drakon543

Ya a few months ago when I was out car shopping I was looking at the new accords and civics. Always have to check first before I decide to see what is available yet. Besides I ended up not getting anything yet I didn't see much on the market yet besides a few cai options and some axle back exhaust setups.

loccusst

Experienced Noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I read an article the other day where one of the heads of the engine design crew stated they kept the HP down on the SI in order to maintain the life of the motor. That basically if they went higher that, the longevity of the motor wouldn't be as good. Of course they didn't state where the limit was to where the life of the motor would really be effected but this was in regards as to why the HP wasn't closer to the Type R. They also remarked of bringing out a model possibly in between the SI and Type R with HP in between the two. They were not sure if it was going to be a tuned 1.5 or a detuned 2.0 motor.