Important need Vtec Info...

cmcbride07375

So anybody ever have this problem please help me out, i faithfully believe vtec is the soul of hondas, but anyways back to the help i in dier need of.

So i was running my car today and there wasa a nice area, i practicly stopped in the middle of the road, and was goin to run one, so idk y most time ill hit vtec and i feel power loss at about 6.5 7.000 rpms, well after the day befor i gutted my power steering whitch i never had a belt on, well as i hit vtec it was insanly fast, i was hitting 9.000 rpms befor i could even shift, well i did it a couple times and i notice that as i was in vtec it would cut in and out, i mean even the sound of vtec u could hear in cut in and out?????????????? Please anybody if u have had this problem please help me figure this problem out please? thanks

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
More details, which engine? Any mods? And you removed the power steering and your car is instantly faster? That's the butt dyno messing with you.

Edit: Does the check engine light come on?

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
9000 RPMs huh?

khmernese

LOL i was thinking the same, seeing as below his avatar (if he had one) it said 99' civic. maybe its the gas thats cutting in and out cause 9k is pretty high... as a stock would have a fuel cut somewhere @ ~7400

cmcbride07375

I'm running a B16a1 head and B18c1 block, bloc stage 3 cams, type r pistons rods ported and polished, and skunk 2 intake mini, bloc fuel rail, and regulator, and prob about another 3000 dollors in pullys and ecu.

cmcbride07375

Really. Huh well most the time I can hear it but its really faint, and weak, but a lot of times if I have only been driving for maybe ten mins my vtec it ten times stonger, so that might be y. Do u happen to have any idea what code 8 is?

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Really. Huh well most the time I can hear it but its really faint, and weak, but a lot of times if I have only been driving for maybe ten mins my vtec it ten times stonger, so that might be y. Do u happen to have any idea what code 8 is?
Given the above comments that will get you no where on here I will be an equal ass and tell you to search on google since I am sure you are not the first person to have CEL code 8.

emerican

Registered VIP
before this goes bad im warning everybody play nice that goes for everyone.
The comment should help or at least attempt to help.
op pull the code and get back to us

cmcbride07375

Well I cleared my codes, and its been about a day or so and no cel. Also I cleaned my vtec selonoed and took apart my dizzy to see if I could see anything wrong, and I came up with nothing, tomorrow I will run vtec a few times on my way to work and see what my out come is. My car is honestly really fast, just with these few things that are wrong with is, its lagging, but I've been babing it. I'll update tomorrow with the out come. Thanks guys

cmcbride07375

Also one other thing, I have a koyo aluminum rad, and I keep losing coolent, it just dissapears, I can't find anywhere it be coming out at, I've had a problem, with my overflow jug and replaced it, and changed coolent that same day, then ever since, I've had pressure and steam coming out of the overflow, and is almost over heat. Then it would drop real quick, over and over, then it would over heat or just stay normal, then I try to bleed it, and I get my cabin heat back and it seems to be ok for awile but I end up filling it everyday please help guys,