In-Channel Visors 6th Gen Coupe?

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Black 2000 Civic coupe; I've been looking all over hell since I bought the car. I am currently rocking AVS stick on visors that are naturally starting to peel off. I only leave them on because they still manage to keep the rain out and they also help with shade while I'm driving. The issue I'm having is finding 96-00 Civic Coupe in-channel dark smoke visors.

I've checked WeatherTech, I've been in touch with them personally and they ensure me there is no way to get these for my car, only in light smoke. I've seen light smoke on a black coupe and unless they were also insanely faded, I think they look kind of out of place.

AVS makes In-Channel sets for the sedan only. Everything else is tape on or brings me to the previous 2 options.

Wat do?

Edit: The Honda Access visors I can find are fairly expensive and not for this car :(

Bhikku

Mud, Blood, Beer
Registered VIP
My weathertechs seem pretty dark, but if you're looking for something with a much darker tint then weatertech probably isn't gonna cut it. I have no idea why they don't offer darker tint options...

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

Bhikku

Mud, Blood, Beer
Registered VIP
That's an awful lot for visors, damn. Is there a way to apply a darker tint to the weathertechs?

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I can't even find the part numbers for the OEM sets... Would make searching a whole lot easier.

Edit: Just kidding. I found the part number for the EP3 visors, which is 08R04-S5T-001 and then remembered pretty much everything ever made ever for the "EK" body style is S03, so trying the part number 08R04-S03-001 seems to pull up the set I was looking for and it appears the correct part number for the Honda OEM visors 96-00 2/3 Dr is 08R04-S03-000

Reaching out to VTecDirect (never heard of them, but they apparently have the parts) and RHDJ (hoping they can find them).

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Pretty much a no go everywhere I look. Found a set from an SiR on eBay in awesome condition, spotless, all clips and everything intact. I had a $20 coupon for some bullcrap and eBay bucks so I got to pay a good bit less. For OEM I guess I can't really be mad.

Overall it seems impossible to find decent set of in-channel EK Coupe chassis visors unless you can get a good set of Honda OEMs for a little bit higher price, or you don't mind the light smoke from Weathertech.

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
fwiw i love my weathertechs
If they had dark smoke, I would have never questioned it, I would have jumped on them in no time.

The chrome breaks it a bit here, but you can see how they are much lighter than the rest of the car.

The dark on black with tinted windows is what I'm shooting for.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Part of your issue with finding them could be that you insist on referring to them as "sun visors". They are called wind deflectors because that is their main function. Sun visors are those that attach on your roof liner by the inner windshield. Proper wording does a world of a difference with online searching.

Congratulations on finding them on eBay. Yes, they are very difficult to find. I will add that I have stick-on wind deflectors on my coupe and they are dark. If you want to darken the bolt-on deflectors, just spray tint them darker from the inner facing side so there's less chance of chipping or scratching.

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Part of your issue with finding them could be that you insist on referring to them as "sun visors". They are called wind deflectors because that is their main function. Sun visors are those that attach on your roof liner by the inner windshield. Proper wording does a world of a difference with online searching.

Congratulations on finding them on eBay. Yes, they are very difficult to find. I will add that I have stick-on wind deflectors on my coupe and they are dark. If you want to darken the bolt-on deflectors, just spray tint them darker from the inner facing side so there's less chance of chipping or scratching.
Assuming I only searched for Sun Visors, I've also tried Window Visors, Wind Deflectors, Rain Guards, Visors, and Deflectors. As an IT pro for about 15 years now, I've grown very keen on words to search and how to Google :D And if you reference the actual part number, you'll find them labelled all sorts of things all over the place. It's how ever the seller wants to market them.

I also considered the option of spray tinting, but if I had the two options, OEM clip install or spray tinting light smoke Weathertech, I wouldn't chance ruining a $70 investment, even though I'm sure it's not hard, but mainly, if it's OEM, I know it's going to fit, it was made for the car, there's a happy connection there between part and car.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Assuming I only searched for Sun Visors, I've also tried Window Visors, Wind Deflectors, Rain Guards, Visors, and Deflectors. As an IT pro for about 15 years now, I've grown very keen on words to search and how to Google :D And if you reference the actual part number, you'll find them labelled all sorts of things all over the place. It's how ever the seller wants to market them.
Well, being that you werent specific and only focused on one phrase, Im glad you were savvy enough to search better than you described it here. Sadly, the mediocre-and-worse companies use common references instead of proper wording. The correct term is "wind deflectors" though. By the way, working in IT for 15 years guarantees nothing. In this day and age, some ridiculously incompetent people hold jobs longer than they should. Not to say your in that category, but I hope you get my point.

I also considered the option of spray tinting, but if I had the two options, OEM clip install or spray tinting light smoke Weathertech, I wouldn't chance ruining a $70 investment, even though I'm sure it's not hard, but mainly, if it's OEM, I know it's going to fit, it was made for the car, there's a happy connection there between part and car.
You description didnt sound to clear on whether you wanted the OEM deflectors darker or not so I just added the extra potential option. I agree not to mess with a rare OEM part unless your very certain thats what you want to do.

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well, being that you werent specific and only focused on one phrase, Im glad you were savvy enough to search better than you described it here. Sadly, the mediocre-and-worse companies use common references instead of proper wording. The correct term is "wind deflectors" though. By the way, working in IT for 15 years guarantees nothing. In this day and age, some ridiculously incompetent people hold jobs longer than they should. Not to say your in that category, but I hope you get my point.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We may know what the correct term is, and maybe I just recently discovered the proper term in my searches as before it wasn't really relevant, but it still remains that doing a search to find vendor products on different vendor sites will not always get you what you want when you use "correct" terms. This is the world we live in...

Like ICB can't even keep it straight:
DC5 Door Visors
http://www.icbmotorsport.com/jdmindc5hoac1.html

ZF1 Window Visors
http://www.icbmotorsport.com/jdmhoaccrcrz.html

Only site to use the proper name AND provide a part number:
http://www.vtecdirect.com/online/cgi-bin/cp-app.cgi?seo=item--Honda-OEM-Wind-Deflectors--08R04-S03-000

Correct names are nice, but as the human race is lazy ass hell, they'll just change it to whatever they want. That's why even people have several names growing up. "f*** you, it's not what's correct, it's what's easy for me and most widely accepted by my peers!"

You description didnt sound to clear on whether you wanted the OEM deflectors darker or not so I just added the extra potential option. I agree not to mess with a rare OEM part unless your very certain thats what you want to do.
I really was just looking for an aftermarket option as I knew the OEMs were no longer made and wouldn't be readily available and surely not in any condition other than beat to s***. I didn't take into account all of the active military stationed overseas who ship parts to the US for nothing :D

I was mostly hoping for a replacement to the Weathertechs and that's what I was stuck on and in my searches I happened to discover that there are a few OEMs here and there and then I was intrigued to find out more. Stumbled across a set and thought it was the best route.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Got what I wanted in the end!
OEM Deflectors
Very awesome, way better fit and look great.
Thats great. Congratulations.

This is the world we live in...

Correct names are nice, but as the human race is lazy ass hell, they'll just change it to whatever they want. That's why even people have several names growing up. "f*** you, it's not what's correct, it's what's easy for me and most widely accepted by my peers!"
There's no argument there. This society has become so lazy, supporting the weak and stupid instead of encouraging them to improve. So the talented but lazy end up succumbing to the standardized stupidity that is "The Norm" nowadays. Accepting the world as "it is what it is" is horrible and I simply refuse to reduce my IQ because most others are OK with sounding and acting like morons for the sake of conformity. I'm glad another member here shares a similar view.

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
There's no argument there. This society has become so lazy, supporting the weak and stupid instead of encouraging them to improve. So the talented but lazy end up succumbing to the standardized stupidity that is "The Norm" nowadays. Accepting the world as "it is what it is" is horrible and I simply refuse to reduce my IQ because most others are OK with sounding and acting like morons for the sake of conformity. I'm glad another member here shares a similar view.
That's some mighty fancy talk there, sir. I like you :lol:

Well said, with you 100%

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's some mighty fancy talk there, sir. I like you :lol:
Well said, with you 100%
Ha! Yes, thats my unfiltered vocabulary. My rants will cause that. Thanks.

By the way, Iforgot how good the deflectors/visors look installed. Nice S200 steering wheel too.

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
They look really good, can tell they are OEM. I'm pretty happy to have them now instead. For the price, it was worth it to not have to worry about them just keeping off.

Thanks much, absolutely love that wheel. Overall feel of it reminds me of my STi wheel I had installed in my WRX. Very comfortable. So I think I'll keep it for a bit haha