1. ClubCivic is now on Instagram! Follow us at clubcivicdotcom. Want your photos features? Tag or DM us, use #clubcivicdotcom, or email us your photos to photos@clubcivic.com

Indiglo Gauges.

Discussion in 'Tech Archive (No Posting)' started by Mr. EeeKaY, Nov 6, 2003.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. Mr. EeeKaY

Mr. EeeKaY Does ur mom know ur gay? Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Does anyone know how to install Indiglo gauges for a 93 civic ex? Any help is greatly appreciated. Here's what they look like. And yes, I know UGLY GREEN!

[​IMG]

2. ben

ben excommunicated Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

I have some in my car. they lay over the OEMs. does the kit come with a transformer? if so you'll need to tap into the power of your head lights so they come on when you turn on your head lights. to remove the dash:
    first take out the hazard button and take out the screw behind it.
    then un-clip the dash and take it out.
    from there you have to take the gauge cluster housing out.
    take the facing off the cluster and put on the new gauges.
    wire it up and put it all back together.
    It's not that hard to do it but in my case, my alarm is wired to the same "hot" that I needed for my gauges so it was setting my alarm off when I turned them on. for you it should work.
    I'll post back tomorrow with pics of mine.

3. Eg_Project

Eg_Project HiGH TiLL i DiE Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

i think my cousin has those

4. Mr. EeeKaY

Mr. EeeKaY Does ur mom know ur gay? Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Aight. Thanks Riceboy. Will try. If anyone else has some input please post it up. Thanks.

5. Bangin' HB

Bangin' HB surfing member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

6. civickidd99

civickidd99 not fast, but it's paid 4 Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

The one's I had in my 94 hatch, were pieces of poop! They would flicker on and off about as fast as a strobe light. To this day I'm still surprised I didn't get pulled over for them. Listen to riceboy, he speaks the truth.

7. ben

Nice choice of words. (poop) I like it.
    Mine filcker too sometimes. it only does it rarely and only when I use my left blinker. :werd:

8. Bangin' HB

Bangin' HB surfing member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

why would they flicker? just poor quality. i would think since you actually spliced in with a wire, they should work good. i ghetto rigged my friends and they still work good. only had to re-do it once, which was later the same day b/c we didnt use tape to hold it the first time.

9. ben

I don't know. I installed it myself so that explains a lot. ;)

10. Mr. EeeKaY

Well I got my friend to install my gauges. Yea, it didn't look that hard at all. Except my car has never been touched. So taking off the dash for the first time was a.... Thanks for all the info guys. Really appreciate it.

11. DirtyD

DirtyD New Member Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

They look nice, go for it

12. RaYrAy

RaYrAy New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

what do I wire the positive power wire to?

13. $lick Rick

$lick Rick TEOTWAWKI Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

you can tap into the illumination wire for your cluster, that way they only come on when you use turn on your corners or headlights. i'd use a testlight to figure out which wire that is or find a diagram.

14. JDM_EJ94EX

JDM_EJ94EX Banned 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

PLEASE PLEASE LISTEN TO BE AND BE CAREFULL BECAUSE I BROKE MY FUCKIN NEEDLES 2 TIMES AND HAD TO BUY 2 CLUSTERS which cost me 200 ... so please be o so nice with them when taken them off ... i love mine its not jdm but i like them... matchs my headunit

15. Mr. EeeKaY

lol. Daym. Old post revived. Yups. When you take it out, you gotta treat it like pussy. lol =)

16. Vtecademics

Vtecademics Senior Lurker Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

I wanna see some pics of the final product but until then... heres mine...

17. Mr. Lin

Mr. Lin Admiral Ackbar Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Dude, those look fockin wicked. I've got indigloes too, but I haven't installed them b/c I don't have a place to run the wires through the back of the cluster ... Has anyone come across this problem? If I can, I will take pictures tomorrow...

18. Vtecademics

Vtecademics Senior Lurker Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

I ran my wire through the firewall

19. 94civicsedan

94civicsedan Where you at? 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

WHen I did mine, I connected the power to the dimmer switch. Oh and I unscrewed some screws on the stock faces and put the indiglo gauges in and then rescrewed stuff in otherwise the needles didnt move woops. Ive had them for a while now and only prob I had was flickering..I fixed iT BY securing the ground wire on better.

20. RaYrAy

RaYrAy New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

i am not licking my tachometer......