Indiglo Gauges.

Mr. EeeKaY

Does ur mom know ur gay?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Does anyone know how to install Indiglo gauges for a 93 civic ex? Any help is greatly appreciated. Here's what they look like. And yes, I know UGLY GREEN!

ben

excommunicated
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have some in my car. they lay over the OEMs. does the kit come with a transformer? if so you'll need to tap into the power of your head lights so they come on when you turn on your head lights. to remove the dash:
first take out the hazard button and take out the screw behind it.
then un-clip the dash and take it out.
from there you have to take the gauge cluster housing out.
take the facing off the cluster and put on the new gauges.
wire it up and put it all back together.
It's not that hard to do it but in my case, my alarm is wired to the same "hot" that I needed for my gauges so it was setting my alarm off when I turned them on. for you it should work.
I'll post back tomorrow with pics of mine.

Mr. EeeKaY

Does ur mom know ur gay?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Aight. Thanks Riceboy. Will try. If anyone else has some input please post it up. Thanks.

civickidd99

not fast, but it's paid 4
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The one's I had in my 94 hatch, were pieces of poop! They would flicker on and off about as fast as a strobe light. To this day I'm still surprised I didn't get pulled over for them. Listen to riceboy, he speaks the truth.

ben

excommunicated
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by civickidd99
The one's I had in my 94 hatch, were pieces of poop!
Nice choice of words. (poop) I like it.
Mine filcker too sometimes. it only does it rarely and only when I use my left blinker. :werd:

Bangin' HB

surfing member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
why would they flicker? just poor quality. i would think since you actually spliced in with a wire, they should work good. i ghetto rigged my friends and they still work good. only had to re-do it once, which was later the same day b/c we didnt use tape to hold it the first time.

ben

excommunicated
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't know. I installed it myself so that explains a lot. ;)

Mr. EeeKaY

Does ur mom know ur gay?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well I got my friend to install my gauges. Yea, it didn't look that hard at all. Except my car has never been touched. So taking off the dash for the first time was a.... Thanks for all the info guys. Really appreciate it.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Originally posted by RaYrAy
what do I wire the positive power wire to?
you can tap into the illumination wire for your cluster, that way they only come on when you use turn on your corners or headlights. i'd use a testlight to figure out which wire that is or find a diagram.

JDM_EJ94EX

Banned
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
PLEASE PLEASE LISTEN TO BE AND BE CAREFULL BECAUSE I BROKE MY f**kin NEEDLES 2 TIMES AND HAD TO BUY 2 CLUSTERS which cost me 200 ... so please be o so nice with them when taken them off ... i love mine its not jdm but i like them... matchs my headunit

Mr. EeeKaY

Does ur mom know ur gay?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol. Daym. Old post revived. Yups. When you take it out, you gotta treat it like pussy. lol =)

Vtecademics

Senior Lurker
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I wanna see some pics of the final product but until then... heres mine...

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dude, those look fockin wicked. I've got indigloes too, but I haven't installed them b/c I don't have a place to run the wires through the back of the cluster ... Has anyone come across this problem? If I can, I will take pictures tomorrow...

94civicsedan

Where you at?
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
WHen I did mine, I connected the power to the dimmer switch. Oh and I unscrewed some screws on the stock faces and put the indiglo gauges in and then rescrewed stuff in otherwise the needles didnt move woops. Ive had them for a while now and only prob I had was flickering..I fixed iT BY securing the ground wire on better.

RaYrAy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by D16Z6 SOHC VTEC
lol. Daym. Old post revived. Yups. When you take it out, you gotta treat it like pussy. lol =)
i am not licking my tachometer......