Input Shaft Bearing

mss8rc

5+ Year Member
Here's my problem: I have a stock D15B7 with manual transmission that has 250,000 miles on it. The transmission is 100% orginal. I have a bad input shaft bearing (sounds like metal grinding or spinning when the clutch pedal is out and goes away when I push the clutch pedal in). Should I replace the input shaft bearing or should I wait until the transmission dies and just replace the whole tranny? I don't know if I am fully capable of replacing an input shaft bearing because I've never really taken apart the tranny before. From what I understand on other posts, when I do the input shaft bearing...it is probably a smart idea to replace the clutch and other bearings as well (which I can't really afford). I am pretty mechanically inclined though (I've done everything else that has ever gone wrong with my car).

RonJ

Banned
Start shopping for a replacement tranny.

95exb18

ok so when the clutch is out and makes a grinding noise its the imput shaft bearing and when you push it in and it grings is the throw out? cause mine only stops grinding when ur at a complete stop with the clutch in, when i take it out it sounds like there is rocks bouncing around in the case