1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

Input Shaft Bearing

Discussion in 'Tech Archive (No Posting)' started by mss8rc, Mar 31, 2010.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. mss8rc

mss8rc New Member 5+ Year Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Here's my problem: I have a stock D15B7 with manual transmission that has 250,000 miles on it. The transmission is 100% orginal. I have a bad input shaft bearing (sounds like metal grinding or spinning when the clutch pedal is out and goes away when I push the clutch pedal in). Should I replace the input shaft bearing or should I wait until the transmission dies and just replace the whole tranny? I don't know if I am fully capable of replacing an input shaft bearing because I've never really taken apart the tranny before. From what I understand on other posts, when I do the input shaft bearing...it is probably a smart idea to replace the clutch and other bearings as well (which I can't really afford). I am pretty mechanically inclined though (I've done everything else that has ever gone wrong with my car).
  2. RonJ

RonJ Banned

Oct 20, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Start shopping for a replacement tranny.
  3. x23Curtis23x

x23Curtis23x New Member 5+ Year Member

Mar 7, 2007
    Winchendon MA
    x2 and when u go to get a new tranny get one from an ex or si there better imo
  4. 95exb18

95exb18 New Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Ravenna, OH
    ok so when the clutch is out and makes a grinding noise its the imput shaft bearing and when you push it in and it grings is the throw out? cause mine only stops grinding when ur at a complete stop with the clutch in, when i take it out it sounds like there is rocks bouncing around in the case