installed the koyo today

darksolderx

5+ Year Member
so yeah installed the koyo rad today or atleast i attempted to replaced my thermostat did pretty well BUT well the funny thing was when i went to take out my radiator that i had in there before and i was somewhat irritated to find that NOTHING held the stock fan in -_- it was just held in with the force of the radiator lol which isnt a huge deal i guess but anyway SO my new koyo is alot bigger than my old CnR racing one and it almost barely fits but it doesnt fit with my stock fan it makes my stock fan push up against the AC lines can anyone shed some light on this if they had the same problem and how they attempted to resolve it and can anyone recommend some fairly cheap slim fans or w.e so i can finish my install...... id love to post pictures when im done

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Hit up your local junkyard is your best bet at finding a slim electric fan.

darksolderx

5+ Year Member
Hit up your local junkyard is your best bet at finding a slim electric fan.
that doesnt sound very effective... anyone else got more info my local junkyard just happens to have civics with ALL the front ends smashed......

darksolderx

5+ Year Member
bump one more time because the junk yard cant be the only place to get slim fans....

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
that doesnt sound very effective... anyone else got more info my local junkyard just happens to have civics with ALL the front ends smashed......
It doesn't have to be a civic. Hell, it can even be a Volvo, you will just have to switch around some wiring to make it work.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
The local shop sells electric fan with mounting clips for $40. Try to find a shop near you that sells them. They are about 2" slimmer than the OEM.

Pics of your radiator?