Installing front cambers on ej Civic

gebs06

Klub EJ
Registered VIP
Hello civic nation. I've been searching everywhere for the tools and DIY guides on how to install Ksport front cambers on my EJ(97) Civic Sedan. I have search the forum everywhere and no luck :evil: so no need to instruct me about the search bar. All i get is how to install rear cambers, how to adjust rear cambers, the washer trick, and etc. If anyone can throw me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks....

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I still have to do this to my buddy club frt camber kit.

should be simple, use some box wrenches to unscrew the pivot areas, take out cotter pin and unscrew the bolt for the ball joint, remove and replace.

a DIY would be nice, why dont you take pics and write your own DIY

gebs06

Klub EJ
Registered VIP
yeah i get that far but when it comes to actually taking the ball joint off the knuckle thats where i get stuck. b/c you have to remove the actual stud thats attached to the OEM camber...The book says to use some puller tool idk what that is i tried finding one but all i find is a ball joint puller tool but i'm not sure if its the right one...I might just give it a shot if it works then i'm all clear from there......

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
advanced auto sell those things pretty cheap

civic0918

Registered VIP
my buddy can do it he is doing my tie rods 2moro ill have him write it down on here for ya step by step good luck. And if you happen to be from PA i gotta tell ya this guy is good at about everything and cheap.

gebs06

Klub EJ
Registered VIP
yeah but I wanted to drop my civic like a good 1.5-2" both front and rear. At 1st I wasn't until I seen how nyce it looks dropped that low. And I thought the cambers would help prevent scrubbing when I'm sitting that low b/c it scrubs now and I raised it like about and inch.....

AllTracCelica

300whp / 230torque
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
camber kit is a waste. You will end up with some nice holes in your engine bay like i did if your going that low i wished i would of never put front on. Bang all day long when i hit bumps.

gebs06

Klub EJ
Registered VIP
Finished it,. Man was that some ish. I will post some pics soon on the tutorial to DIY's since i heard there are a lot of people who need the Tutorial on installing front cambers on ej civic....

gebs06

Klub EJ
Registered VIP
well you guys wanted it... here ya go....
1st off i'm going to skip a couple of steps such as putting the car on jack stands and taking off the wheels etc. This is Civic Nation we all should know how to do that by now.

The OEM

The aftermarket

1st you need to acquire the tool need from your local advance auto shop. The tool is called a tie rod puller{huh] yeah i know weird.

Then you need to remove the shock absorber [well i did needed slack for my shock absorber].

Then you remove the cotton[correction cotter pin] pin that holds your castle nut in place. Do not remove the castle nut b/c you'll need the support from this for your steering knuckle.

Alright here is the easiest part but required the golden tool. With the tie rod puller insert it below the camber stud and in betw/ the ball joint.

Boy that was easy.

Now you need to remove the two pivot bolts that hold your upper camber to the car...

Remove those two bolts and you are home free from there. Installation is reverse...

When you're done you should get something like this....

Hope this helps a lot of you.....

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^ That looks good. Post a thread about it in the suspension how to section.

VSP

Just hand me the wrench.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Excellent write up. Great job with the pictures and corresponding captioning information; simple, effective, and straight to the point. One to be proud of.

FreeOfThoughts

The joy of driving
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
very nice, how are the bushings in the Ksport, does it feel any better than oem and does it adjust easy?

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you did a really good job on the write up..