installing my coilovers

red98civ

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
good news! sort of. we switched the springs last night and the coilovers are back in the car! the front isnt as low as it was w/ the "correct" springs in there. but both the back/front have no wheel gap! i think im going to order the type-r lip off of ebay for $50 so the front looks better b/c i was hoping the whole car would be slammed.
im going to take pictures later today when i get the car back; its getting a new muffler put on now to get rid of the giant fart can it came with :D

red98civ

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well.. here it is after the front/rear springs were swapped. not as low as i'd like, but the coils are all the way down. also i have to get new rear upper strut mounts b/c it squeeks like hell when i drive.

also i ordered the type-r front lip today for the front!

Maleek

5+ Year Member
Good start man. Any plans for this car ? wheels? motor? I'd remove the pinstripe if i were you. but just my opinion. Let us know how it rides.

red98civ

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the wheels that are on there came w/ the car, i might paint them black for now, motor probably not yet and i actually started removing the pinstripe yesterday and i may finish today b/c i hate it. the ride is not bad at all, a bit bouncy but nothing too much

NIKE H34D

Slow and Loving It
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I like the wheels leave em as they are lol but yeah remove pinstripe, car lookin tons better :D

red98civ

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
after 2.5 hours with a hairdryer and two very sore thumbs, the pin stripes are off! cars looks so much cleaner.

red98civ

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
for anyone who gets these, i'd say switch the front/rear springs. when i talked to raceland they said it doesnt always happen but everyone i've talked to said to switch them so you dont have to re-do the install.
of course i found this out after mine were done!

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yup, Raceland actually does recommend it. I believe I had their comment earlier on this thread. Hmm, I wish I could go nab these next paycheck or two, but next on my list of things to buy is a new laptop. So maybe getting these late Feb or early March.

They're definitely next on my mod list, though.

red98civ

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
definitely dude, i wish they dropped a little more but im happy with it. i ordered the type-r lip (from ebay) and then im all set.

nastyEH2

5+ Year Member
im trying to get my rear lower control arms off right now but the far inside bolt is wont move. hit it with pb yesterday. advice?

gebs06

Klub EJ
Registered VIP
im trying to get my rear lower control arms off right now but the far inside bolt is wont move. hit it with pb yesterday. advice?
Are you talking about the bolt that holds the shock absorber to the lower control arm? what yr is your civic. If ej. There is a bolt that requires i believe a 9/16" socket and there is a nut on the other side of the bolt holding it to the control arm. You have to hold the nut while you turn the bolt counter-clockwise. Oh and some WD-40 goes a long way on those old never quit bolts....try and post pics of it....

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You shouldn't be removing your LCAs... do you mean the LCA bolts to the strut? Does it turn at all or is it completely stuck? Do you have a breaker bar? If you've already tried a breaker bar, a breaker bar with a pipe on it should do the trick. If that didn't work, get a longer pipe or a torch. Once you can get it to turn, you'll need to use a wrench or socket to hold it on one side while you turn the other with another wrench or socket.

Are you talking about the bolt that holds the shock absorber to the lower control arm? what yr is your civic. If ej. There is a bolt that requires i believe a 9/16" socket and there is a nut on the other side of the bolt holding it to the control arm. You have to hold the nut while you turn the bolt counter-clockwise. Oh and some WD-40 goes a long way on those old never quit bolts....try and post pics of it....
14mm socket. Sorry... just gotta be on your ass about the metric all the time. :lol: