Installing skunk2 lowering springs on EJ1 HELP

AcousticAudio

Built LSVTEC .63 a/r stg3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok, so I'm installing a set of skunk2 lowering springs on my 95 si coupe. The front two went totally fine, no problems at all. Then I get to the rear, and of course the bolt holding the shock to the LCA is totally seized, I ended up cutting the bolt out and ordering new LCAs.

The problem is, when I went to go install the spring on the rear shock, I tightened it all up and the spring is still loose on the shock. All the parts went back on, i didnt miss anything. I noticed that the silver collar on the actual piston arm of the shock sat at the same height or a bit higher then the top of the spring does, and I think that is the problem because when i go to put the cap on, it doesnt tighten down farther then that collar and hence doesnt pre-compress the spring on the shock. If someone could clarify that would be great.

And I was wondering, even though its a little loose, would it still be safe to install on the car? Once its has a 2400lb car sitting on it, do you think its likely that it will still be loose?

Thanks for any help.
-Scott

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There is less weight in the back of the car to push down on it, they'll settle in once you drive on them a bit.

AcousticAudio

Built LSVTEC .63 a/r stg3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I hope so. I'm just concerned that it will pop out of its seat if I go over a moderate bump. Either way This is probably only going to be for the summer.. I'll get some new skunk2 shocks before winter I guess.

Thanks for the advice