Intake/Headers?

Ross

^_^
5+ Year Member
I know there are countless threads recommending the ebay stuff (intake/headers to be specific). What are everyones opinion?

I have a 2000 si I got a few months ago.. 66k miles.. the main idea of this car is to help me establish credit and provide me with transportation. But... I had to have a Honda with some power so I went with the 2000 SI and I got it at 7500 with a 24k mile extended warranty (it's all stock).. few minor dings on the driver side.. B- condition. So now I want to do a few things to it... I/H/E and rims. I have a great paying job yet no established credit, thus the point of this car pretty much -- I really wanted the 07 sedan SI but that will have to wait until about January :(

So pretty much instead of dropping close to $1500-1600 hundred dollars on I/H/E.. I can get Ebay intake/headers pretty cheap and prob go with a decent exhaust system, skunk2 or greddy, as I havent heard much on the ebay exhausts.

To skip to the question what do you guys think about this? Should I just get your standard AEM intake, DC Headers? Is it worth the extra hundreds of dollars if I'll possibly be getting rid of this car in less than a year? Or does it even matter in the long run.. it's just piping after all?