Interior Color Change

leothelion

d:p
Registered VIP
looks pretty good. close to oem finish too. i have flat black on mine. different strokes for different folks. good job.

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah not bad at all. I'm doing min black eventually too, already got all the SEM paint and prep s**t but I wanted to go with an actual black dash since I can actually find those cheap for my model lol.

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Damn looks good, maybe I should have painted my e brake too but I'm doing black & gray in mine, good work so far.

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Anybody know where to get the actual dash? i dont really want to paint it....
I plan on getting mine from the local pck n pull. They always have at least 5 or 6 eg civics there. If not there keep an eye on craigslist for people parting out cars

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I plan on getting mine from the local pck n pull. They always have at least 5 or 6 eg civics there. If not there keep an eye on craigslist for people parting out cars
To bad that's not a 92-95 dash in the original posts.

92-95 black dash is pretty common.
96-00 black dash was not available to us in the US, only in the other half of the world, Euro. and Japan.

FoxfireEK

Hey, leothelion, how did the flat black turn out? i got satin cause i didnt want it to be to flat, and not to shiny. Pics?
i might go over it again i flat if i like it...

DaOne

Looks like it came out pretty good!
Im always afraid of painting interior pieces... I would hate for it to start peeling lol.
I had to do it on my A pillars... hopefully it hangs around for a while. lol

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
To bad that's not a 92-95 dash in the original posts.

92-95 black dash is pretty common.
96-00 black dash was not available to us in the US, only in the other half of the world, Euro. and Japan.
Well yeah there are usually only 3 or 4 EKs there but wow I never knew there weren't any black ek interiors in the US. Learn something new everyday lol

leothelion

Registered VIP
Hey, leothelion, how did the flat black turn out? i got satin cause i didnt want it to be to flat, and not to shiny. Pics?
i might go over it again i flat if i like it...
f**king amazing!!! I love the flat black.

Shot at 2011-07-21

sorry for old pic

Shot at 2011-05-10

Shot at 2011-05-10

leothelion

Registered VIP
Leo, did you do your dash? or buy a new one?
dash? Its the stock dark grey dash. i plan on painting it though. and yeah, the flat black IS amazing!!! only thing is that its tough to take care of, but luckily ARMORAL makes a "flat" finnish cleaner.

Jose1027

Registered VIP
I'm trying it on my ej8 =)...I'll post some pics wen I'm done,hopefully it comes out as nice as yours

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk

leothelion

Registered VIP
I'm trying it on my ej8 =)...I'll post some pics wen I'm done,hopefully it comes out as nice as yours

prep prep prep man. thats the secret. I washed them off with simple green, then used paint thinner an a lint free towel and got the surface ready. then sprayed about 3 coats. let it dry for a day or 2 inside the house. you can touch it an such, but the paint won't TRULY harden for a day or so. you will get fewer scratches that way when you go to install.

Jose1027

Registered VIP
prep prep prep man. thats the secret. I washed them off with simple green, then used paint thinner an a lint free towel and got the surface ready. then sprayed about 3 coats. let it dry for a day or 2 inside the house. you can touch it an such, but the paint won't TRULY harden for a day or so. you will get fewer scratches that way when you go to install.
Thx =)..im lettin them dry for the night,il post pics tommorow