Intermittent fuel issue

Montagnard184

I have a built and boosted D16Y8 with DSM 450cc Injectors. When steady on the gas I will get intermittent, but really short, "bogs". It causes no reliability issues, but is really annoying when traveling longer distances, especially on the freeway. Wondering what it may be. Tune, bad injector, or what? Thanks.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have a built and boosted D16Y8 with DSM 450cc Injectors. When steady on the gas I will get intermittent, but really short, "bogs". It causes no reliability issues, but is really annoying when traveling longer distances, especially on the freeway. Wondering what it may be. Tune, bad injector, or what? Thanks.

Could be your fuel pump. Did you upgrade it as well when you boosted it?

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
This could be a ton of things. How is your car tuned? Did you have it dyno tuned, tuned with chrome, chipped etc., are you running a 5 wire O2 sensor, no O2 etc.?
It sounds to me like it's either fuel or vacuum related (although those symptoms are very vague..). I'd first check tune/maps, then O2, then injector resistor box.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how is your resistor box hooked up? I'm sure if you had them wired wrong your tuner would've caught it on the computer though. JW

Montagnard184

It was tuned on Chrome. I changed the plugs and gapped correctly....no change. I received my Demon/Neptune, put together a turbo base map and changed for my DSM 450cc injectors......problem is gone....for now.....need to run it a few more miles.....then to the dyno. Thanks.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It was tuned on Chrome. I changed the plugs and gapped correctly....no change. I received my Demon/Neptune, put together a turbo base map and changed for my DSM 450cc injectors......problem is gone....for now.....need to run it a few more miles.....then to the dyno. Thanks.

i was literally going to suggest ditching chrome for something better...