Intertwined's '99 DAP hatch

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wrecked my "99 SI so i got a hatch and am transplanting parts to the hatch. so figured why not make a new build thread.

1999 Civic CX Hatchback

Engine/Tranny:
B16a2 engine & tranny swap
P28 chipped and tuned on Hondata S100
PLM RMF replica header
Skunk2 intake manifold painted Satin Black
Skunk2 Alpha radiator & radiator cap
AEM cold air intake with dryflow filter
Mishimoto thermostat
Mishimoto radiator hoses
BWR 2.5" test pipe
Vibrant 2.5" resonator
Magnaflow muffler painted Satin Black
2.5" exhaust piping
Energy Suspension shifter bushings
Outlaw Engineering Thermospacer kit
Moroso 5qt oil pan with pickup

Suspension/Brakes:
'99 SI rear disc brake conversion
'99 SI front lca's and 26mm sway bar w/ Hardrace endlinks
'99 SI front A arms
'99 SI front knuckle assembly
'99 SI prop valve
'99 SI BMC
Hasport motor mounts 65A
Skunk2 Pro S II coilovers
Skunk2 gold rear LCA's
Skunk2 gold LCA dress up washers/bolts
Benen Tripod strut bar
ASR gold subframe brace
ASR 24mm sway bar & spherical endlinks
Brembo Rotors
Goodridge Stainless brake lines
Hawk HPS brake pads

Interior:
AP1 S2K Cluster conversion
AP1 S2K Steering wheel
AP1 S2k Push Start
Stockinteriors.com black carpet
OEM black floor mats
'08 Civic SI front seats
'99 SI power door conversion
Wink 5 panel rear view mirror
Headliner wrapped in black tweed
A/B/C pillars wrapped in black tweed
Door inserts and armrest wrapped in black tweed
Homemade black tweed shift boot
K-Tuned B/D series short shifter
Skunk2 shift knob

Exterior:
CTR power mirrors
ebay bronzish/gunmetalish headlights
poly Hype R front lip
poly Hype R rear lip
Enkei RPF1 in discontinued Bronze 15x7 +41
Bomex spoiler

Miscellaneous:
Devsport gold engine bay dress up washers
PWJDM gold battery tie down
PWJDM gold radiator stay
no A/C
no P/S
no C/C

Plans:
VIS invader C.F. hood
exterior respray of the DAP paint

pics of the hatch from the craigslist add:

pulled the EM1 into the garage and with some help from a buddy on EM1crew got her heart transplanted into the hatch.

also did the manual to power door conversion. and so far swapped the SI front knuckles over to the hatch.

power windows and mirrors work. and car started great. also changed out the rear shocks and rear lca's. all in all a good day...........

car rode like s*** when i picked it up........heres why

some dumb ass installed the coil over sleeves on stock shocks UPSIDE DOWN!!!

when i was changing out the rear shocks and lca's i saw they have a camber kit from Spec D???? ebay brand i guess. but she rides so nice now with the Pro S II's on there.

Shes alive!!!! (cant figure out how to get video to show. click link)
http://youtu.be/kTFQM3b8gNo

and heres a couple pics with the Honda sign that my buddy won on ebay. so awesome.

next on my list is to install my ASR subframe brace and 24mm sway bar once it shows up. cant wait!!!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Been waiting for this build thread to emerge!

In for updates!

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ha, that sign is awesome.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
was the damage that bad on the SI? looks to just have a little bit on the core support

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
GL on the swap man. Can't wait for more pics.

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
was the damage that bad on the SI? looks to just have a little bit on the core support
yeah the body shops around here wanted 4 grand to fix it with oem parts. was cheaper to just buy the hatch outright. the frame behind the crumple zone on the driver side fender got bent outwards a lil bit.

thanks for the replies yall.

hopefully on my next days off i can tackle the front LCA's and sway bar along with the front strut bar. after drivin the EM1 for 8 years with that fat sway bar this hatch feels so ummmmm scary in turns lol. front end has so much play that im not used to. so i cant wait to fix it.

ill try to get some more pics of it up when it quits raining.

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well these Hasport mounts are brutal on my rearview mirror so i found a nice DIY and fixed that issue. YAY for a useable rearview mirror again.

also i drilled holes in my shock towers, bought some hardware, and installed my Benen tripod

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks again. and yeah she pulls decent so far. i havent gotten on it hard yet as im still waiting to do the front lca's and sway bar. i still dont like how the front end feels, even though the strut bar did help a lil bit.

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
seeing as how the yellow VC doesnt mesh with the car anymore im correcting that issue. bought a gsr VC a while back and decided to get it done up for the hatch.

stripped the old paint off and taped up the holes

then sprayed it with Rustoleum self etching primer

finally laid down some VHT high temp Graphite (gunmetal) paint

gonna go buy a new VC gasket set tomorrow and install my Gold Skunk2 low profile VC kit and the freshly painted VC......installed pics will be up when i finish!!!!

antie22

i
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
This is cming along real well :thumbsup:

Sent from my civic using a stock engine

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
WOOT thanks for bringing this build to page 2 and for the compliments. heres another update!

went and picked up a new VC gasket set and got the VC & Skunk2 low profile washer kit installed.

definitely considering painting the short ram and the strut bar both the same color as the VC.

also i finally got my ASR subframe brace and 24mm sway bar in the mail today, so i installed that as well.

rear end is crazy stiff now. but i was dumb and had my exhaust done w/o a strut bar installed so now i have to go and get it adjusted as it vibrates against the sway bar just enough to annoy the s**t outta me. i also removed the Hype R rear lip

sorry for the crap pics, dark out and taken with my phones camera.

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
only took care of a few little things today. the weather has been s*** and i havent been able to do the rest of the front suspension or the rear disc conversion so ive been all blah about it

took my IACV off to see if it was dirty bc ive been having an idle surge issue...yup it was. so i cleaned it and so far so good. idle is back to normal.

also while the IACV was drying i painted the Magnaflow muffler with some satin black VHT engine paint...did not like the stainless steel look(had to remove the Vibrant bc it was to big)

another paint project while the muffler and IACV were drying was to paint my AEM short ram from black to graphite to match my VC. i contemplated painting the strut bar graphite as well, but after doing the short ram i believe it looks good as is. so im keeping it black.

painted the Hype R lip off of my wrecked EM1 satin black and put it on. backed out of the garage to take a pic in some better light and ended up with this cool hover craft pic lol

and finally for the day a random crappy photo of my car parked