Intro/build: '94 hatch

BusterEGHatch

Respected
Been lurking around for a while now and I guess it's time to start my intro and build thread. After many, many years away from Honda's, I decided to get back into one because I needed a reliable daily driver that got great gas milage. I picked up a '94 hatch that needed some body work and the eBay stuff scrapped, which isn't much to me because I'm actually in school right for auto body collision repair. I've had the car for about 2 months now and so far, she's been a blast. Since then, I've installed Truhart coilovers, AEM intake, 2000 Civic center console and projector headlights with HID's. I just started the body work this week and will hopefully finish up next week, then it's paint time. I also picked up a JDM bluetop H23, H22 tranny, P72 ECU and euro R head yesterday. I drove 3 hours to pick all of it up. Well worth the drive. I plan on having the swap done within a month or so. Anyhow, here's a few pics of the progress along with the rust that I'm fixing.

Who needs a truck when a hatch has plenty of room.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nice!! I like the progress this thing has made already. Looking forward to see how she looks after paint. :thumbs up

BusterEGHatch

Respected
Thanks man. I've I my had it for about 2 months now. She's been a great little daily but far too slow for me. I figured why not get the best of both worlds. A light car with a stout motor. My buddy had the same swap in his old EG Coupe and that thing was silly fast. I honestly can't wait to tear out the tired D15 and finish it up. Once I'm done with the outside, I'll be focusing on the interior. I want to do a full Si-R interior with 4th gen Prelude front seats. By the time I'm done with it, it'll be as if it came OEM like that.

BusterEGHatch

Respected
H23 swap is coming along nicely. Sent my p72 ECU off to Phearble for chipping. Sandblasted the valve cover and will be spraying it Inferno Red flake tomorrow. Also, a TON of parts have come in for the swap. It's looking like next weekend, I'll be pulling the D15 out and selling it. Also, I'll be spraying it hopefully next month.

Last edited: