1. ClubCivic is now on Instagram! Follow us at clubcivicdotcom. Want your photos features? Tag or DM us, use #clubcivicdotcom, or email us your photos to photos@clubcivic.com

Introduction Gen 7

Discussion in '7th Generation Honda Civic (2001-2005)' started by anthonyelectric, Oct 20, 2017.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. anthonyelectric

anthonyelectric New Member

Good afternoon,

Just bought a 2005 Honda Civic EX Special Edition.

Any tips on repairs to the front end (Headlights, bumper, fender?)

Thanks,
    Anthony

2. Jersey8

Jersey8 B20: Detroit Muscle! Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Congrats on your purchase! Is there anything wrong with the front end specifically?

3. anthonyelectric

The 05 EX Sp. Ed. needs a
    Driver's headlight and front fender
    front bumper.

I bought a parts car last night, a 2001 LX with coolant issues....SUPRISE TO ME - NONE OF these parts look compatible.

I've just been stung by a FACELIFT!

So, I guess I'll repair the 2001 coolant problems and sell it, while STILL looking for a parts car for the 2005.

Thanks for your response.

4. Mr.Baker

Mr.Baker Mr. Search Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

Buy new and stick with '04-'05 parts.

5. anthonyelectric

Thanks, but I have no intention of buying new parts. I'll be looking for a 04 / 05 to strip and now will be replacing the radiator on the 01 and then selling both.

6. Mr.Baker

Mr.Baker Mr. Search Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

For headlights you'll want to.
    After 10 yrs, it will be tough finding headlights that are not hazed and faded.
    For the money, you'd be farther ahead buying a pair of aftermarket, OEM style headlights, they're not expensive, $70 or so for a pair.

7. anthonyelectric

Good point, but the non damaged one looks fine. I have no real reason nor intention to sink any more money in this car than buying a parts car I can use to repair the body issues. That $70 would be far better spent on a $400 parts car that I'd make all my money back on eventually and more. (PS - both the 01 and 05 were sold to me for CHEAP).

Mechanically its excellent, the 01 just needs a radiator.

I'm hoping to really just grab a parts car with the body portions I need, repair both cars and wait until Tax Return Season.

I have neighbors that have Civics, many Civics. This will be a fun project, hell it already is!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017