"Invalid Thread Specified"

Civic11

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hello,

I'm just curious but when I attempt to start a new thread I receive this message. I triple check the message content of my thread and everything appears fine. I am doing anything special either such as using images, etc...

Also, since I can post here fine, it is only the 6th gen forum

EDIT* Nevermind, it worked. I'm not sure if it was a temporarily thing for maintenance. Thanks guys

Last edited:

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not sure, but it IS posting your messages.

Just be careful, because you posted the SAME message 14 times and I deleted them all.

As far as the problem, im not sure. But just make sure when you try to post that your not making duplicates.

Civic11

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
okay, sorry

Can you please delete the last post because it is blank. There has to be something wrong because when I post I do not see it at all. Unless there is something going on on my computer.

Civic11

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm not sure if you can do this under my account, but could you please post this... because I seem to be having issues.

Thread Title:
Complete 6th Gen Tune-up. I have a list. Is it not enough? sufficient? or overkill?

Message Body:
Guys,

I have been doing alot of reading and searching on this site and others to try to figure what I should do to my car. I want it to last a long time and this is the list I have composed of. I have actually taken the approach that I'm assuming it has not been done. I plan on doing all the work myself too just so you guys know. I plan on doing the work on a nice weekend too.

Prior to doing any maintenance (week before) I plan on Seafoaming the Brake Booster vacuum and fuel tank. I wanted to do this before replacing parts such as the fuel filter and PCV valve since I know they will be clean. It is mainly to clean the rest of the parts. I was also considering putting in Lucas Fuel Injector cleaner into the gas tank as well

Change Oil (Valvoline 5w30 High Mileage Oil) Already Have
Oil Filter (K&N Performance Oil Filter) Already have
Spark Plugs (NGK Copper (V Power)) Less than $5
Spark Plug Wires (NGK Blue Wires) About $50 after shipping Ebay
Distributer Cap (Genuine Honda) $16.59
Distributer Roter (Genuine Honda) $13.61
Change Air Filter (K&N drop in) About $40 after shipping Ebay
Change Fuel Filter (Genuine Honda) $17.25
Change Tranny Fluid (Genuine Honda CVT Fluid)
Coolant Flush (Valvoline Coolant Flush) Pepboys market price
Change Coolant (Prestone coolant mixed 50/50) Pepboys market price
PCV Valve (Generic Pepboys/Autozone brand) Less than $5
Timing Belt (Genuine Honda) $31.60
Timing Belt Tensioner (Genuine Honda) $42.96
Water Pump (Genuine Honda) $64.45
Valve Cover Gasket / Spark Plug Seals (Genuine Honda) Since Valve cover will be off I'll probably paint ;)
Adjust Valves * not sure if I will do this
O2 Sensors * not sure if I will do this

My questions for you guys are, is this overkill? Is there anything I'm forgetting that is really important? Also, looking to save some cash is there any ways I could save some money (buying generic brand instead of OEM). All prices I got quoted on the OEM stuff is from the Manchestor Honda Dealership. They are great and easy to work with and I have bought stuff from them for my 89 Civic LX

This will be my first full tune-up at one time (I did a little bit here and there on my 89 civic I have)

Any ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated I just want it to last forever! :lol:

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
okay, sorry

Can you please delete the last post because it is blank. There has to be something wrong because when I post I do not see it at all. Unless there is something going on on my computer.
its most likely your settings, I can see them just fine.

Civic11

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
okay, thanks. I will try a different computer.

Can you please post this though if it does not exist. If it does then just please disregard. I will try to fix it on my end...

THREAD TITLE:
Complete 6th Gen Tune-up. I have a list. Is it not enough? sufficient? or overkill?

MESSAGE BODY:
Guys,

I have been doing alot of reading and searching on this site and others to try to figure what I should do to my car. I want it to last a long time and this is the list I have composed of. I have actually taken the approach that I'm assuming it has not been done. I plan on doing all the work myself too just so you guys know. I plan on doing the work on a nice weekend too.

Prior to doing any maintenance (week before) I plan on Seafoaming the Brake Booster vacuum and fuel tank. I wanted to do this before replacing parts such as the fuel filter and PCV valve since I know they will be clean. It is mainly to clean the rest of the parts. I was also considering putting in Lucas Fuel Injector cleaner into the gas tank as well

Change Oil (Valvoline 5w30 High Mileage Oil) Already Have
Oil Filter (K&N Performance Oil Filter)]Already have
Spark Plugs (NGK Copper (V Power)) ]Less than $5
Spark Plug Wires (NGK Blue Wires) About $50 after shipping Ebay
Distributer Cap (Genuine Honda)] $16.59
Distributer Roter (Genuine Honda) $13.61
Change Air Filter (K&N drop in) About $40 after shipping Ebay
Change Fuel Filter (Genuine Honda) $17.25
Change Tranny Fluid (Genuine Honda CVT Fluid)
Coolant Flush (Valvoline Coolant Flush) Pepboys market price
Change Coolant (Prestone coolant mixed 50/50) Pepboys market price
PCV Valve (Generic Pepboys/Autozone brand)]Less than $5
Timing Belt (Genuine Honda) $31.60
Timing Belt Tensioner (Genuine Honda)$42.96
Water Pump (Genuine Honda)$64.45
Valve Cover Gasket / Spark Plug Seals (Genuine Honda) Since Valve cover will be off I'll probably paint ;)
Adjust Valves * not sure if I will do this
O2 Sensors * not sure if I will do this

My questions for you guys are, is this overkill? Is there anything I'm forgetting that is really important? Also, looking to save some cash is there any ways I could save some money (buying generic brand instead of OEM). All prices I got quoted on stuff was from manchestorhonda.com. It is a great site and I have used them for my 89 civic

This will be my first full tune-up at one time (I did a little bit here and there on my 89 civic I have)

Any ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated I just want it to last forever! :lol: