is my jdm b18c type r real?

Joshua Oliver

Ok guys so I recently got a supposing b18c type r in my civic ex.. I'm pretty sure it's legit, need some other opinions though from people more experienced than me.. it is a jdm block for sure (b18c) the serial number is 19xxxx which was 96 spec r so that checks out. Intake manifold is type r that checks out. Running a p73-003 ecu (96 spec r).. oil cooler on rear of block. Here's my concerns. The head is a pr3-2 but is stamped as a 91.. could this be just the year the it was cast then stored and used in 96 to build the type r. I've never opened it up too look at the springs for coloration. Vtec kicks at 5700 if that means anything. Car runs exceptional either way I just want too know for sure.. will post pics

IMG_0622.jpg IMG_0623.jpg 20150913_152156.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Joshua Oliver

So my head is a type r, just the actual bare head itself was cast in 91. I mean I've done a lot of research and everything for the true type r checks out I just looked and the manufacture date on the head and it said 91.. but they use the same cast for b16/18 so it just sat in a box or something until it needed to be put together in 96

Is my theory correct?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: